B1M Blueskysea

VulcanRide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
B2W B1M
Need help!

I running the Blueskysea B1M and the sound and video is great but I'm running a 1,700 cc v-twin with a fixed fairing and I get more camera shake as I want.

Any kind of mouth that will smooth things out that you know of?

I have it mounted to the base of the windshield. This is the edited video
any help would be appreciated.

When are you getting the camera shake? All the time or just wile riding... maybe wind buffeting? I have vibration on my rear camera as it is mounted on the underside of my tour pak.

After watching your video Id say wind buffeting. At slow speeds it looks fine.

When are you getting the camera shake? All the time or just wile riding... maybe wind buffeting? I have vibration on my rear camera as it is mounted on the underside of my tour pak.

The rear is not bad, the front under acceleration can get really bad, slower speeds or coasting not bad at all.

Need help!

I running the Blueskysea B1M and the sound and video is great but I'm running a 1,700 cc v-twin with a fixed fairing and I get more camera shake as I want.

Any kind of mouth that will smooth things out that you know of?

I have it mounted to the base of the windshield. This is the edited video
any help would be appreciated.
Well the V twins shake...
And the further that you mount the camera from where the faring it mounted to the frame the more movement it will have.
How about the handlebar?

Fairings both deflect in wind and spring back constantly, and they cannot be solidly mounted or they will crack at the mounting points because of this movement. Handlebars work like a tuning fork, vibrating more the farther you go out from center, but some of the vibration will still be reflected back to the center. All you can do is experiment or perhaps copy what someone has succeeded with on the exact same fairing/motorcycle. Look for something more solid; generally the closer you get to the frame the more solid it will be. V-Twins generate a lot of harmonic vibrations due to the inherent engine imbalance so you'll never get rid of it completely as it changes too much with varying RPM's. There should be a "sweet spot" somewhere if you can find it which might be on the fairing if the vibrations cancel out there- all you can do is try.

Phil

Most fairings will have some shake, is there a location on the fairing where you can mount it that is closer to where the faring is mounted to the frame?

If it can be mounted to the bottom triple clamp is probably the point where it will suffer the least vibration on a v twin, mounting bracket needs to be very solid though also

Yeah you will need to mount of something more solid on the bike, i see its also a issue on the rear camera.
Though 1700 CC that's almost 2X my little stupid car o_O the people running most smoother running ricers will probably find it more easy to find a location.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Motorcycle Cameras 1