B1M Firmware Update

jwmanley

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a B1M for my HD Road Glide Limited. I noticed the firmware on unit is Version 1.xxx and that there is a Version 2.xxx on the Blueskysea website. I've looked around but I can't find any information on how to update the firmware on the device.

Anyone here have a pointer to documentation on updating the firmware or know how to perform a firmware update?

Thanks.

I bought a B1M for my HD Road Glide Limited. I noticed the firmware on unit is Version 1.xxx and that there is a Version 2.xxx on the Blueskysea website. I've looked around but I can't find any information on how to update the firmware on the device.

Anyone here have a pointer to documentation on updating the firmware or know how to perform a firmware update?

Thanks.
We got your email already! And now, you should update its firmware successfully!

Can you advise how 2 update the latest B1M firmware.

How to load new firmware to camera by Windows computer?

1. Format the SD card in FAT32 format (If 32GB card you use, please format as FAT32 by Windows computer; if 64GB card, please use this GuiFormat tool to format as FAT32 by Windows computer).

2. Copy the bin files over to the root directory of the SD card and put the card into the camera.

3. Plug both camera parts back to the DVR box, and power on the DVR box and the firmware should automatically move onto the DVR box, leave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure the firmware has updated.

4. Take out the SD card and reformat it as FAT32.

5. Place the SD card back into the DVR box.

6. Check the firmware version using the app on your smartphone.

Hi guys, after trying to update firmware from 1.2xxxxxx to 2.xxxxx the b1m main unit stopped to work. It shows a red light even without power attached (it's incredible). I try to:
1) leave without power for hours (still red light turned on)
2) use the reset button with and without power supply for 2 minutes (nothing happened)
3) try to attach the b1m unit to windows (don't recognize it)

Please, do you have some suggestion?
Thanks a lot in advance

Welcome to DCT @armando75 :)
Our member @estore009 is the manufacturer of this cam and will be along shortly to assist you (y)

Phil

Please, do you have some suggestion?
Just one tip for you:
The DVR unit cannot reboot without the front camera plugging into!
You should plug the front camera into the DVR box, and then, power on the DVR box with the supplied USB cable and your phone USB wall charger!

Thanks for your fast answer. I’m just trying using your tip (every part is attached). The last time I did it not attached. I write here the 2 videos. Now I’m waiting since 10 min and nothing happen, only the red light on

UPDATE: After 3 hours, the situation don't change. I've powered off and on again the battery, I have also pressed the reset button with the power plugged in. No wifi, no sound "beep", only red light turned on.

Last edited:
The DVR box did not reboot at all after powering on!
It should be a faulty front camera part or a loosen connector on the DVR unit end;
You can give it a try in this way:
1, Unplug all the camera connectors and the extension cable connectors and plug back!
2, Swap the front camera part with the rear camera part, to see if it is a faulty front camera!

Just tested, nothing changes. I’m almost sure it was the firmware update to block the dvr because it stopped working during the update. I did it because my B1M drained power even with key turned off. I supposed the new firmware can correct this problem. Thanks a lot for your help

Give it a try to update the firmware once again?
Use a small card, from 8Gb to 32Gb card, and format the card on your computer----copy the bin file to the memory card--- insert card into the DVR unit---power on the DVR unit---It will update automatically if it works!

Anyway, please PM me for the warranty directly if it cannot solve it by loading firmware!

Hi, after this last test, the DVR booted again! Noiw it works like before to try the firmware update. I have again the firmware V001.20200707. Could you send me the correct LATEST firmware? I'll use the same procedure of this time to update it.
Another question, with the latest firmware did you solve the power drain even when the key is on off position? Of course I attached the right cable to make power off/on with the bike's key.
Thanks a lot in advance

Could you send me the correct LATEST firmware?
20200901 firmware

with the latest firmware did you solve the power drain even when the key is on off position?
Red wire and Yellow wire to the same ACC switch. The KEY-ON switch and this tail light line are okay for the red wire and yellow wire both! So it has power only after ignition on!

Thanks so much for your help. With your file I updated the firmware and it worked! Now I have also put the red wire with the yellow wire both under KEY-ON. I have one more question. Is it possible to rotate the front or back camera once it's already installed? I've tried but it seems not rotable.
Thanks in advance

You need to rotate the camera body manually, and you can get more details in the user manual!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but i am finally getting around to installing my b1m. THe front camera i had to mount upside down, how do i correct this?
thanks

Sorry to hijack this thread, but i am finally getting around to installing my b1m. THe front camera i had to mount upside down, how do i correct this?
thanks
It has not this image flip function in the APP menu! You need to rotate the camera body manually after loosening the camera mount with a screwdriver!

...THe front camera i had to mount upside down, how do i correct this?
...You need to rotate the camera body manually after loosening the camera mount with a screwdriver!
B1M manual Camera Adjustment_L.jpg
If you follow the manual and just loosen the screw, you will hardly be able to rotate the camera.
What to do?

Step 1. Completely unscrew the mounting screw and remove the camera from the holder
B1M step-1 Rotate the lens body.jpg

Step 2. Move the holder's whiskers slightly to the sides so that the clamp is loose
B1M step-2 Rotate the lens body.jpg

Step 3. Now you can rotate the holder around the camera:
at least one way...

B1M rotate cam right.jpg
at least the other way...
B1M rotate cam left.jpg

or rotate the clamp holder on 180 °

B1M step-3 Rotate the lens body.jpg

You should be fine. Good luck on the road! ;)

PS: The camera mount is very secure. This is so laid down by the manufacturer. Well done!

Last edited:
what is the latest firmware?
the official one on the blueskysea is V20200707 but in this thread there is a link to 09 version?

Back