B1M motorcycle camera

I meant, why a battery instead of capacitor(s).
battery camera is easier to make, for a motorcycle there isn't the heat problem that you would normally get with a dashcam in the window, not really an issue for this application

battery camera is easier to make, for a motorcycle there isn't the heat problem that you would normally get with a dashcam in the window, not really an issue for this application

You're probably speaking from experience but capacitors still would have been the way to go. On a really hot day, even just parked under direct sun, no parking mode, still not good long term.

Is parking mode a thing with these? How much would one get, an hour or two if I had to guess.

You're probably speaking from experience but capacitors still would have been the way to go. On a really hot day, even just parked under direct sun, no parking mode, still not good long term.
in a bike application the main unit is more likely to be out of direct sunlight in the majority of installations, bike electrical systems are more of a challenge than a car so a battery does make things more reliable in some cases, certainly easier

Is parking mode a thing with these? How much would one get, an hour or two if I had to guess.
I wouldn't use parking mode on a bike if you were using the bike battery as a power source, they have very poor reserve capacity

The Viofo MT1 uses capacitors, but as jokiin says, there is no greenhouse effect on a bike, or at least most bikes. Use of a super capacitor does mean you don't have to keep the DVR box out of the sun and can also use it in cars, but for bikes that are not used for long periods, may result in loss of clock time.

Given that the DVR box can be a reasonable size when both cameras are remote, a battery can also be a reasonable size. A battery would make a parking mode on the camera's battery possible, probably not overnight, but enough for stopping at the shop/fuel/pub. Don't know if the B1M provides parking mode?

The other day I received a B1M, there was a slight delay in delivery - the seller assured that the dashcam was in stock, but as it turned out, a new batch appeared only at the beginning of July.
I ordered on AliExpress
While I will check, I will test, I will look "at the table".

First impressions - the build quality is good, the main unit is surprisingly very small - only 58x88 (100) mm, the block thickness is 20 mm. At the bottom of the block there is a platform for fastening to a 3M tape and two blind nuts for M3 screws.
Camera cables 5 mm thick, power cable and control panel - 4 mm.
B1M main unit_1.jpg

In addition to a long power cable with an adapter, the kit includes a 1 meter USB cable.
B1M кабель питания с USB.jpg

I measured the current consumption by connecting it to a 5 Volt outlet, on average it turned out 750 mA.
Power consumption approx. 4 W (3,927W)

B1M Среднее потребление тока_.jpg

Максимальная потребляемая мощность B1M_.jpg

B1M with LED_1.jpg

B1M interface_1.jpg

B1M interface_2.jpg

B1M interface_3.jpg

B1M remote control_1.jpg

B1MCAM Version APP and Camera.jpg
PS: I will add more information and photos later. The B1MCAM application works well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the settings that are in the application B1MCAM
B1MCAM APP __.jpg
B1MCAM APP Screenshot_a1.png B1MCAM APP Screenshot_a2.png B1MCAM APP Screenshot_a3.png B1MCAM APP Screenshot_a3a.png

B1MCAM APP Screenshot_a4.png
B1MCAM APP Screenshot_4.png B1MCAM APP Screenshot_5.png

B1MCAM APP Screenshot_16.png B1MCAM APP Screenshot_14.png

Last edited:
Updated: B1M installation onto a Ninja 650

rR3Fak4.jpg

PVojTz5.jpg

ZCWNn8D.jpg

FYI: DUCATI & BlueSkySea Motorcycle dashcam.
Enjoy it...

Ab7lwj8.jpg

aBscVhK.jpg

PSgrKXU.jpg

BpCwABe.jpg

GJNccpc.jpg

Hi everyone, I have just installed the Blueskysea B1M on my motorcycle and I went out on a test ride and the front camera started to flash purple and then it stopped recording, now it won't connect to wifi. Any advice, does anyone know what the reset button actually resets?

Any advice, does anyone know what the reset button actually resets?
It should be a faulty front camera or an RF interference-related problem!
1) Re-route its front camera cable far away from the motorcycle ignition system, and wrap its camera cable and plugs with some Aluminum tape to avoid this RF interference problem. And this is the link for the RT tape for reference:

2) Just swap the front camera with the rear camera, and plug the front camera only into the main unit to see if it works; If it takes recording after ignition on, it should be a faulty camera part!

I got similar issue with my kit.
Worked without any problem over a month, then started to flicker the front camera, even without engine start. When I swap the 2 cameras, the other doing the same. So probably not the camera.
Unfortunately I bought from a UK company on eBay, but they did not respond at all. Is there anything I can try?

Unfortunately I bought from a UK company on eBay, but they did not respond at all.
You can dm the seller account and order number, I will push them to offer you the warranty!
Is there anything I can try?
Swap the front camera with the rear camera, to see if it is the same performance!

Back