b1w after 45 mins constantly says sd card low speed?

steveo3002

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as per the title , after driving for around 45-50 mins the cam speaks out " sd card low speed" over and over , turn the ign off/on allows it to work as normal until another 45 mins or so

I think the problem might be that you have a slow speed SD card! :D
The B1W is one of the few cameras that tells you what the problem is instead of just going "beep".

It might fix itself for a while if you format it in the camera, but the problem will probably return.
What sort of card is it?
The B1W doesn't like some cards that don't respond reasonably fast, I don't think it has much buffering, nothing to do with the card's specified read/write speeds.
If the card has been in use for a long time without problems then it is possible the card is slowing down due to being worn out.
Samsung Evo is used by a lot of people without issue if you want a recommendation.

Might some broken sections on your memory card, and you can give it a try to give it a test with tool h2testw!

i had the card new when i got the camera , guess around 8 months old or so , not really had alot of use , maybe 2-3 hours a week at a guess its not used daily

need to check on what brand name , its a known one and had worked without fault until last week

i had the card new when i got the camera , guess around 8 months old or so , not really had alot of use , maybe 2-3 hours a week at a guess its not used daily

need to check on what brand name , its a known one and had worked without fault until last week
Should last a lot longer than that.

It is possible that it will fix itself after a format and a bit of use, the slow bit may get mapped out. If not then you will have to use it for something else that doesn't matter being a bit slow and get a new card for the B1W - get one of the recommended cards.

Let us know what type of card it is so that we know not to recommend that in future...

yes im a bit disapointed with it to be honest , is there an up to date list of known good cards available to the uk ?

Before giving up on the card, reset it to factory and industry specs with the free "sdformatter" tool, then test it with the "h2testw" freeware doing a complete write to it. If there's a card problem this should find it.

If all seems well, format the card to FAT32 in your PC, then format it again in the cam when you put it back in. If you still have issues try another card; the Samsung EVO Plus (or EVO Select from Amazon) seems to do very well with this cam and most others too.

Phil

its a nextbase card i got it halfords after being sold a fake on ebay

Should last a lot longer than that.

It is possible that it will fix itself after a format and a bit of use, the slow bit may get mapped out. If not then you will have to use it for something else that doesn't matter being a bit slow and get a new card for the B1W - get one of the recommended cards.

Let us know what type of card it is so that we know not to recommend that in future...

this one right ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B06XFF7SQN

It writes that "Up to 95 MB/s read and 20 MB/s write speed with class 10 and U1 compatibility", it should be okay!

and 32gb is fine ? just dont want to order another and be told its not good enough

thank you

and 32gb is fine ? just dont want to order another and be told its not good enough

thank you
I normally recommend 64GB, the cards wear out with use and a 64GB will last 2x longer before wearing out but is normally less than 2x the cost, so it is better value and keeps the video on the loop recording for 2x longer which could be very useful. 64GB keeps around 8 hours so will keep a full day's driving in most cases.

Mine gives me the "SD card low speed" error occasionally with a Sandisk High Endurance microSD card.
I just unplug it and plug it in again and it'll be fine for a while.

Mine gives me the "SD card low speed" error occasionally with a Sandisk High Endurance microSD card.
I just unplug it and plug it in again and it'll be fine for a while.
I experienced it also, but it was the card error indeed, it will tell the card error finally after a few hours later! Suggest that you change a new card for it!

got a new card in the post , sorry for the questions but remind me i need to reformat the card right ?

got a new card in the post , sorry for the questions but remind me i need to reformat the card right ?
You can format the card in its APP after Wi-Fi connection with the dashcam!

I experienced it also, but it was the card error indeed, it will tell the card error finally after a few hours later! Suggest that you change a new card for it!
This card is only 6 months old, and replaced a different brand high Endurance card that the B1W didn't like.

and replaced a different brand high Endurance card that the B1W didn't like.
You can format it in its APP after WiFi connection with the dashcam!

I use identical 128GB Samsung EVO's on both my Street Guardian (front windshield) and B1W (rear windshield). SG is straight up no problem but the B1W has been randomly giving me the error announcement, though mine says "Low speed SD card". A 64GB Samsung EVO had no problems with my B1W so I'm thinking it might have issues with 128 gb cards?

A 64GB Samsung EVO had no problems with my B1W so I'm thinking it might have issues with 128 gb cards?
Might there are some bad sections on the card, so B1W cannot write video footage in time, so it sounds a beep!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C B1W 5
H B1W 8
M B1W 7
Back