B1W Audio Issue

AJVB

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750X Plus (2CH)
I'm new to the dash cam world. I've always wanted to get one, especially after a 5 car freeway pileup I was apart of last year! I just purchased the Blueskysea B1W from Amazon and so far I like it. The video quality is okay, sometimes it's hard to make out license plates even when a car is right in front of me. But I noticed a weird issue with audio when playing back video clips on my computer.

In the car, I usually have music playing but the times when switching between songs or no music is playing I hear a muffled "flicking" noise. It pretty much is recorded in all the videos and I really only can hear it when there is no music or noise in the car. Is this normal for this dash cam. The dash cam was $50 so I don't expect perfection all around. I just want to know if this is normal or I may have a defective unit?

I'm new to the dash cam world. I've always wanted to get one, especially after a 5 car freeway pileup I was apart of last year! I just purchased the Blueskysea B1W from Amazon and so far I like it. The video quality is okay, sometimes it's hard to make out license plates even when a car is right in front of me. But I noticed a weird issue with audio when playing back video clips on my computer.

In the car, I usually have music playing but the times when switching between songs or no music is playing I hear a muffled "flicking" noise. It pretty much is recorded in all the videos and I really only can hear it when there is no music or noise in the car. Is this normal for this dash cam. The dash cam was $50 so I don't expect perfection all around. I just want to know if this is normal or I may have a defective unit?
If possible, please give us a download link for your video footage, my team will have a look at, thanks!

If possible, please give us a download link for your video footage, my team will have a look at, thanks!

I uploaded a video to Youtube. I've enhanced the audio on some parts to help better isolate the sound.

Last edited:
Have you tried the cam in a different vehicle, or even roaming around with a external battery pack.
My guess is that you are hearing something in your engine that your ears aren't picking up.

I uploaded a video to Youtube. I've enhanced the audio on some parts to help better isolate the sound.

Sound Issue - Youtube
If it is possible for you to update it to dropbox or google drive? And then PM me this download link for its video footage, thanks!

If it is possible for you to update it to dropbox or google drive? And then PM me this download link for its video footage, thanks!
Sent you a PM. :)

Have you tried the cam in a different vehicle, or even roaming around with a external battery pack.
My guess is that you are hearing something in your engine that your ears aren't picking up.

I drive a newer model Acura and this car is silent. I have pretty good hearing and the engine has been silent for the year I have owned it. If that sound was coming from the engine, I would have definitely heard it the moment I sat behind the wheel during the test drive.

I hear a muffled "flicking" noise.
If you mean the fairly low frequency pulsing noise that is constant volume then I've not noticed that before on other B1W recordings, so I wouldn't say it is normal, but the sound on these is not great quality and the background noises do differ between units. It does seem quite low volume so I wouldn't say that that it is effecting it doing its job of catching accident evidence.

Try recording with it plugged into a USB powerbank or phone charger in a quiet house, it is possible that it is the power supply/hardwire kit that is causing the issue, or possibly something internal to the camera is vibrating due to the engine...

It is difficult to judge how loud it is since there is nothing to reference it to... maybe try talking to the camera during the recording.

If you require high quality audio recordings, there are much better cameras available, at more cost, although most dashcams have some noises in the background since it is hard to keep the audio noise created by the internal components away from the microphone when the microphone is also internal!

The B1W is a good budget-level cam, though it does still have poor audio and the video is a bit over-sharpened, but for the price asked it delivers good value. If you want better it is out there but you'll pay more to get it. It's good enough for most people seeking basic reliable video recording while driving.

Phil

Can you remember what happened at 0:54, because the noise from the street has drastically decreased and the outside sound has become much quieter?
It sounds like the sound of a running compressor.

So I sat in a quiet room in my house with the B1W plugged up, and the low pulsating noise is still there. So it's definitely an audio issue with the dash cam.

Can you remember what happened at 0:54, because the noise from the street has drastically decreased and the outside sound has become much quieter?
It sounds like the sound of a running compressor.

I enhanced the audio in part of the video with final cut.

Back