B1W Dashcam does not connect to internet via my Sony Experia phone

vikingams

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've downloaded the correct Android app, but it fails to connect to the internet. I've turned off Data usage, tried with WiFi On and Off, nothing works.

the camera is not meant to connect to the internet, the app is just so you can access the camera from your phone to view/copy files

If your phone said that "Internet may not be available" after trying to connect to the B1W, just ignore it! You should still use the B1W APP to click "connect" icon to do WiFi connection!

Again, a tip for you: the camera SSID cannot access the internet!
Why this camera wouldn't stay connected to my phone?

For some Android phone models (like Google Pixel 2 and SAMSUNG), if the mobile data(LTE) and Wi-Fi are enabled at the same time, the phone will switch to mobile data mode automatically since the B1W Wi-Fi SSID cannot access to the internet. This will break the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the smartphone.
1. For example, SAMSUNG users: go to Settings — WLAN —Advanced, switch off the “Automatic Data Switch” option, or simply switch off the mobile data usage.
2. If a proxy setting is applied to the Wi-Fi setting, the connection may also fail. Tap the SSID of the camera and go to Advanced — Proxy Settings, select “none” and save the Wi-Fi connection.
3. Switch off then switch on the Wi-Fi option to try again.
4. Quit the app (also kill the background process of the app) and reopen the app.

Back