B1W in Australia

Duke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi folks.
I purchased blueskysea B1W from Aliexpress seller Shenzhen Smartway Technology at a recent sale and I got it on Friday and have been playing around with it. I have an early original G1W that is being replaced with this B1W.

Looking at some of the videos others with B1W have, I am not sure if mine is up to scratch.
I do feel the weather conditions and youtube videos do play a part in the quality output but just want to know what others think.

So my dashcam package came crushed.
But seems protected and looks legit.

Installed it next to the G1W as pictured.

Next post will have comparison pic and videos.
1136a42cb53263ad4d83fa07b621ed86.jpg
2f5c8042ddeec88b92a66af7799b084f.jpg
67a0e43bd2f9aed0285597fd08e8f34f.jpg
86e2d859415bf046562726dfd27cd274.jpg
fa7265a0f297457baad94472fb25a489.jpg
251c826eba4886f40e6276270e6a2a62.jpg
0d83bf3da5fb7fbe6e3aaec4435e6029.jpg
b4b77cc342312bd45ee7081d0db97474.jpg
69fe8f031b4413633b7c0fbba5b4c2f3.jpg
692d2bb95b3c16eb393a31709119bbcb.jpg
dbbf2492116cd046a254c5f0c818ef33.jpg

Comparison pic
B1W
Screenshot_20180409-200447_MX Player Pro.jpg

G1W
Screenshot_20180409-200317_MX Player Pro.jpg

Last edited:
a lot more discrete than your old camera
Would be even more discrete with the backing tape removed from the sticky pad!

Might be better moved down a bit so that it looks part of the mirror, the wipers might reach the full view then too...

Yeap that is a temp trial sticky mount to see if location is good before permantly use the proper one.

Can anyone suggest a place to host picture that can be used here without losing quality?

[Update] never mind the host pic thing... worked out that I have to do it through website.

Last edited:
Yeap that is a temp trial sticky mount to see if location is good before permantly use the proper one.

Can anyone suggest a place to host picture that can be used here without losing quality?
I put mine on Windows Live Onedrive Photos, only place I know that never compresses them and will provide a link for embedding.

Images look OK to me, you are a bit too far to read that plate at the resolution I can see, the overexposed sky is normal, you should expect some compression artefacts since it uses a low bitrate but that doesn't affect plate readability and I think there is an upcoming bitrate improvement.

Video of B1W at night with me talking about at what distance I can read plates.

The G1W night video had audio off cause normally no need but realising that if I get into an incident then an audio of the plate is a good backup in case not clear in video. That's why B1W has audio on.

Day video
B1W

G1W

Excuse the G1W shaky video cause the mount has worn out.

Last edited:
Images look OK to me, you are a bit too far to read that plate at the resolution I can see, the overexposed sky is normal, you should expect some compression artefacts since it uses a low bitrate but that doesn't affect plate readability and I think there is an upcoming bitrate improvement.
Zoom in on the plate and you should be able to read it... I basically took the earliest frame that will let me read the plate for both dashcam video.

Last edited:
So my dashcam package came crushed.
But seems protected and looks legit.
Sorry for bad shipping courier, and its package will be much better if you buy it form local Australian warehouse. And local Australian inventory is available on Amazon.au and eBay.au

Sorry for bad shipping courier, and its package will be much better if you buy it form local Australian warehouse. And local Australian inventory is available on Amazon.au and eBay.au

Could not get the price I wanted as made an offer. During the Aliexpress sale with discount got better deal.

Not sure if bad courier as the box had tears and missing pictures\text that may not be likely caused by courier.

Site had good reviews and fast delivery so assume if any issue with dashcam than no problem resolving

Could not get the price I wanted as made an offer. During the Aliexpress sale with discount got better deal.

Not sure if bad courier as the box had tears and missing pictures\text that may not be likely caused by courier.

Site had good reviews and fast delivery so assume if any issue with dashcam than no problem resolving
Looks like the box did a good job - it's job is to protect the camera by taking all the damage, they are designed to get damaged :)

Looks like the box did a good job - it's job is to protect the camera by taking all the damage, they are designed to get damaged :)

I like the bubblewrap better and can pop them afterwards hehe

After using the app for a while now I would really like to see the ability to select multiple videos to download and ability to also delete and select multiple to delete without resorting to format or taking out card.

It would be great o be able to still record and get videos to download simultaneously like live download of incident and upload to you tube but I think it won't be possible in this unit.

It would be great o be able to still record and get videos to download simultaneously like live download of incident and upload to you tube but I think it won't be possible in this unit.
No,this dashcam cannot support live stream to Youtube,might you can get an extra capture card for live youtube stream.

No,this dashcam cannot support live stream to Youtube,might you can get an extra capture card for live youtube stream.

Probably not live stream but more of the scenario where I am passenger in the car and the camera still recording and I want to get a video from yesterday but can not cause it would mean I have to stop the recording and download the file and potentially miss out on recording an incident.

Probably not live stream but more of the scenario where I am passenger in the car and the camera still recording and I want to get a video from yesterday but can not cause it would mean I have to stop the recording and download the file and potentially miss out on recording an incident.
Our previous APP supports that, but we revised it in next APP version, I think it should be much safe for the most driver should concentrate on driving rather than playing mobile phone!

Just noticed the cigarette power supply has an Easter egg surprise. Probably nothing new for you guys. Wonder ow much amp does it does and how does it affect the dash cam if charging a phone or tablet.
20180412_204712.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J B1W 3
Back