B1W Incorrect Time Stamp

Yesterday I noticed that I hear 2 new "bip" sound and that the led on the camera is steady. I figured that something is wrong with the sd card so I looked into the recordings and found that most of them are dated to 2015 and some from 2018. When I tried to format the card on the camera, it didn't change a thing and all recordings remain. I then took the card from the camera and inserted it in my laptop. Still was unable to format. Does anyone have experienced this and have a work around or does this mean the card is defective and need a new one ?

If I have the hardwire power cord and the camera is getting it's power even if I don't use the car for 2-3 days, why the change in the time stamp ? Does it mean that the camera is also defective ?

If I have the hardwire power cord and the camera is getting it's power even if I don't use the car for 2-3 days, why the change in the time stamp ? Does it mean that the camera is also defective ?
Normally speaking, its capacitor should keep time for about 30 hours (1~2 days) without use!
Anyway, if you have to sync its time every day, it should be the hardware problem with its capacitor. And you can ask the seller for a replacement camera!

Normally speaking, its capacitor should keep time for about 30 hours (1~2 days) without use!
Anyway, if you have to sync its time every day, it should be the hardware problem with its capacitor. And you can ask the seller for a replacement camera!

estore009 could it be possible to add a functionality to make the app autoconnect and autosync the time when B1W wifi is detected?
I live in a city and don't use my car mu the weekends, so i regularly (almost every week) lose time settings after weekends :-(

could it be possible to add a functionality to make the app autoconnect and autosync the time when B1W wifi is detected?
The camera should sync your phone time once WiFi connection with your phone!

The camera should sync your phone time once WiFi connection with your phone!

Ok, but could it be possible to add an option in the app to automatically connect to the B1W when the B1W wifi is detected? Or try to automatically connect when we start the app, without having to press the "connect" button?

Or try to automatically connect when we start the app, without having to press the "connect" button?
Not sure, I do not think we can do it! Anyway, I will have a talk with our support team!

Same problem, been having this issue for months. Our car is driven every day, multiple times per day. Every time I connect to the camera timestamps have been reset to September 2015. We are using the included car charger. Can't go to the seller because it was purchased over 6 months ago. Researching this and reading this thread, seems like a common hardware fault with this model. Shame.

Same problem, been having this issue for months. Our car is driven every day, multiple times per day. Every time I connect to the camera timestamps have been reset to September 2015. We are using the included car charger. Can't go to the seller because it was purchased over 6 months ago. Researching this and reading this thread, seems like a common hardware fault with this model. Shame.
Already added a cell battery in the new batch to keep time!

@estore009 I bought my B1W on Jul. 14 2019 from https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...orderId=103833849631337&productId=32846376624
and selected the option with the hardwire kit with red/black wires which has Input: 12-24V | Output: DC5V 2A (no voltage cut off)

I have the kit hardwired and with firmware installed for parking mode, I have tried 20180614s and V190401 where it enters parking mode after ignition is turned off and records video all the way through the night until the morning
After a day or two, with perfect recording (with correct time) in parking mode from the night until the next morning, after either central unlocking via fob key unlock or the ignition start .....the time gets reset to 20150901.

1. I see earlier in the thread that the time can be reset "if output to camera is above 5.3V" .... but my hardwire kit is supposed to have an Output: DC5V 2A to the camera? What is the cause of this issue and how do I resolve it?
2. how do I know if my camera is the new batch has the cell battery? Anyway this does not seem to be the issue as video is recorded with correct time up until fob key unlock or the ignition start....so it has power.
3. Now I read about another firmware in the forum - V20201117 - would this be a work around for the issue? does this firmare support low bitrate parking mode? if not can the work around be merged into a low bitrate parking mode firmware
The B1W beta firmware V20201117 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tJZQRFx3DZo7-r1swW-F2oE4xCpNb03M/view?usp=sharing
The dashcam will capture the time from the latest video footage if the RTC battery was faulty, so it can keep all footage (included these Emergency files)in order!

Last edited:
It should be a faulty RTC battery and you can sync its time in the app after WiFi connection with your phone!

Anyway, it should keep the time if you hardwired it! Just make sure its red wire to 12v battery positive socket and Black wire to the battery negative socket!

And sorry, this V20201117 firmware cannot support the parking mode function!

It should be a faulty RTC battery and you can sync its time in the app after WiFi connection with your phone!

I use config for wifi off firmware (parking mode) and such a manual step to connect via wifi every day to the camera is not a good solution. (also im not only person driving the car) Can this faulty RTC battery be replaced easily?

Anyway, it should keep the time if you hardwired it! Just make sure its red wire to 12v battery positive socket and Black wire to the battery negative socket!

it is hardwired but it doesn't "keep" the time permanently like I said in previous message .... and other users with the camera hardwired have complained about same issue.
it enters parking mode after ignition is turned off and records video all the way through the night until the morning
After a day or two or three, with perfect recording (with correct time) in parking mode from the night until the next morning, after either central unlocking via fob key unlock or the ignition start .....the time gets reset to 20150901.

And sorry, this V20201117 firmware cannot support the parking mode function!

@estore009 Can the fix for "capture the time from the latest video footage if the RTC battery was faulty" be merged into the low bitrate parking mode firmware? The low bitrate firmware 04.190401.v0 is much more stable than the official 20180614s parking mode firmware

Last edited:
I just checked my B1W today after a few months because I needed to get a file which might show some burglars in the area.
Sadly all the dates on the files are completely wrong, showing Sept-Dec 2015. Plus some in the 'Event' folder which show the year 2023!
Did they ever release a firmware fix for this?

It's one of the first ones released from 2018 so it will be out of warranty.

It's one of the first ones released from 2018 so it will be out of warranty.
You can format the card weekly and sync its time in the app after WiFi connection with your phone!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A B1W 9
Back