B1W Low Bitrate BETA

So with this firmware, is no need for the 3 wire hardwire kit? We would just need a +5V and ground?
Yes, only +5V and Ground
But do not forget that the 3-wire kit protected the vehicle battery from over-discharge, and also provided the ability to conveniently connect to the car fuse box.
Although you can use any other device to protect the battery (to Cut Off when the voltage drops).
You can also look at the novelty presented by @Rayman.Chan - Power Plus & Power Pro (although you still need to wait for the start of production)

Do you know the power consumption during normal mode and low bitrate mode? @estore009 Is it possible to receive the low bitrate test firmware?

Last edited:
Do you know the power consumption during normal mode and low bitrate mode? Is it possible to receive the low bitrate test firmware?
It uses about 1 watt in both modes, just a small saving in low bitrate because there is less written to memory card, but it is hard to measure the difference.

Following suggestions from a few DCT members last month, Blueskysea were quick to produce a Low Bitrate parking mode beta firmware for testing.

The camera records normal driving in 1080p30fps at 12Mbps. After 3 minutes without movement, the camera switches to 1080p30fps at 4Mbps. Upon detecting movement, it switches back to 12Mbps again.

Movement is detected using only the g-sensor, since there is no GPS to inform the camera that the car is moving. Activation of the sensor saves the current video file in the Event folder. If the car is struck by another when parked, it will also switch from 4Mbps to 12Mbps, since this would be registered by the g-sensor.

The benefit of recording at low bitrate when parked (compared to time-lapse or g-sensor activated recording) is to extend the available recording time on a memory card, whilst still recording at 30fps with audio. In testing, I found no difference in power consumption between recording at 4Mbps and 12Mbps.

Blueskysea have decided to enable the bitrate switch mid-file, rather than stopping the recording and starting a new file. Although there is a momentary video glitch in the current beta FW (comprising just a single frame) the benefit is that the recording is continuous so no information is lost, unlike some other cameras which lose a few seconds of potentially crucial evidence whilst switching modes.

Video Sample 1
4Mbps parking sample

Video Sample 2
Automatic switch from 4Mbps to 12Mbps

This low bitrate beta firmware is still in development and is not yet available for general release. Contact @estore009 for further information.
hi!. please, I'd love to try the beta. of the low bitrate for the b1w, you could be so kind to send me the firmware

i!. please, I'd love to try the beta. of the low bitrate for the b1w, you could be so kind to send me the firmware
Please check your inbox message, thank you!

I'd like to try this low bitrate firmware also. Please PM

Please check your inbox message, thank you!

@estore009 hello! I'would like to try the the low bitrate for the b1w, could you please send me the firmware! Thanks!

@estore009 could you send me a copy of this firmware. Id love to test it out as well.

Can I also try it?
Thanks.

I’d like to test the low bitrate firmware too, thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C B1W 6
E B1W 7
S B1W 1
estore009 B1W 56
B B1W 0
Back