B1W Low Bitrate BETA

Hi @estore009 , can I have the low bitrate firmware? thanks. wifi on
Please download this low bitrate recording beta parking mode firmware here

cardvr_img.bin

drive.google.com

1) Trigger by G-sensor! If no trigger within 3 minutes, it will keep 4Mbps recording during parking mode, and it will take 12.3Mbps normal recording after G-sensor triggered
2) Red light flashes for 3 seconds when working mode switches!

Thanks for your prompt reply. I've installed it and it's working well. Since I installed that firmware I now have a CVBS option in the app. Does that change anything noteworthy?

I'm uncertain if I'm clear on this firmware and would like to make sure I understand it correctly in comparison to one of the other firmwares "Time +G sensor" auto park mode. So please let me know if I'm incorrect in my conclusions or if there are other advantages to either that I'm missing.

Time +G Sensor firmware
Records normally unless there is no trip of the G sensor for a period of 3 min then stops recording entirely until the G sensor is tripped again and starts recording again.

Pro:
Starts recording when G sensor is triggered possibly capturing video after an event has occurred.
Doesn't write to SD card continuously which could lead to premature failure of the memory card?

Con:
Potentially missing incidents prior to G sensor trigger since there is no video buffering.

Low Bit Rate firmware
Records continuously at 12 Mbps until there is no G sensor trigger for 3 min. and then switches to 4 Mbps recording.

Pro: Continuous video recording capturing anything in field of view prior to and past an event that triggers the G sensor at which time it switches to 12 Mbps.

Con: Constantly writing to SD card in either 4 or 12 Mbps potentially leading to premature failure of memory card?

The main thing here is to save as long a period of time as possible with long parking

is it possible to have the red / green led depending of firmware for wifi on or off to have it flash slower to indicate its in 4Mbps recording mode?

currently it flashes the same rate if 12Mbps or 4Mbps and only can tell the switch over from the red led stays on for 3s before going back to flashing

be nice when enters this low bitrate mode during parking that the led flashes slower so say every 5s or maybe flashes red and green etc

be nice when enters this low bitrate mode during parking that the led flashes slower so say every 5s or maybe flashes red and green etc
It is possible, and we need time to refine it!

In the low bitrate version, the dashcam is constantly recording to the SD card, even in parking mode? So if I leave my car parked for 8 hours I will have all 8 hours of video on my SD card when I come back to my car?

In the low bitrate version, the dashcam is constantly recording to the SD card, even in parking mode? So if I leave my car parked for 8 hours I will have all 8 hours of video on my SD card when I come back to my car?
It takes recording 24 hour*7 days!

Yes, all 8 hours will be recorded with a low bit rate, this recording will take about 16-18 GB on the SD card

Yes, all 8 hours will be recorded with a low bit rate, this recording will take about 16-18 GB on the SD card

That's great news! Thank you. I'm thinking about getting 2 of these - one for the front and one for the back of my car. Would hardwiring both separately be too much for the battery?

That's great news! Thank you. I'm thinking about getting 2 of these - one for the front and one for the back of my car. Would hardwiring both separately be too much for the battery?
Even if we take the power consumed by one B1W - 2 watts (actually about 1.8 watts), then in 8 hours one dashcam will use 2W / 12V * 8h = 1.33 Ah, two B1W = 2.66 Ah. For a 55 Ah car battery, this will consume approximately 4.8% of the charge.
For more details, see page 1 post #7 in this thread https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/b1w-low-bitrate-beta.38707/post-461912

Even if we take the power consumed by one B1W - 2 watts (actually about 1.8 watts), then in 8 hours one dashcam will use 2W / 12V * 8h = 1.33 Ah, two B1W = 2.66 Ah. For a 55 Ah car battery, this will consume approximately 4.8% of the charge.
For more details, see page 1 post #7 in this thread https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/b1w-low-bitrate-beta.38707/post-461912

Interesting information. This means running 2 of these shouldn't be a big drain problem (I drive every day so the battery will recharge). The only thing to see is if I can hardwire both cameras into seperate fuse ports in my car. Do you think this camera records better than the Mini 0906? I would like the Mini because it is easier to connect as it is already dual channel.

Driving every day, you should have no problems running 2 B1W's like this. Regardless of which cam(s) you choose it will shorten the life of your car battery some, but most likely not to a degree which makes the idea unsound. End costs will probably less than $0.50 per day, which to me is a good deal for the protection you get.

The 0906 might have better vid quality in front during daytime, but it's never been as reliable and trouble-free as the B1W is, and that has become even more true with the QC apparently dropping on the 0906 in the last couple years. It does have the advantage of an easier install and less bother to retrieve the rear cam's recordings since the cam in front will have them both. That much goes for any 2-channel cam.

As for powering 2 single cams, as long as the chosen fuse or circuit has enough capacity to handle a couple extra amps, you can tap both HWK's into one place, and most circuits rated 15A or more should be able to do that for you. I think that would be preferable if possible so that if there is a problem, you'll know exactly where it is.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C B1W 6
E B1W 7
S B1W 1
estore009 B1W 56
B B1W 0
Back