B1W Low Bitrate BETA

Reminder @estore009, ignoring support questions in not good publicity for the blueskysea brand

There is a software workaround that you already have where "The dashcam will capture the time from the latest video footage if the RTC battery was faulty, so it can keep all footage (included these Emergency files) in order!"

Can this work around for the time resetting on the camera be put into the b1w-low-bitrate-beta firmware? Its a MAJOR issue (wrong times and missing emergency videos) and its a small piece of software functionality to work around it, that should not take long to do.?????

You can tell me your email. I will send you a firmware to test!

An update, I got a PM with firmware dated from Nov 18 2020, with the text of "Use the time from the last video clip if the dashcam cannot keep the time!" and no other description of what I was been asked to test. e.g. to look for a log file to tell me that the time had been reset and restored?. I ran it for 2 days and only thing i see is a file called xx.tmp with the filename of the current video file been written.

But alas it is not a low bitrate firmware parking mode firmware (which this whole thread is about) all parking mode files are 90mb in size (per minute) and fill up the 36GB DCIM area of the 60GB card (64GB) in 7 hours which is of no use to me.

Back to my original question which still remains unanswered @estore009

Can the work around for the time resetting on the camera be merged into the b1w-low-bitrate-beta firmware?

Can the work around for the time resetting on the camera be merged into the b1w-low-bitrate-beta firmware?
Not available yet!

I got a PM with firmware dated from Nov 18 2020
Firstly, we need to refine this firmware; And then this "low bitrate recording firmware" for parking mode!

Firstly, we need to refine this firmware; And then this "low bitrate recording firmware" for parking mode!
@estore009 over 4 months and no updates.
If you are not going to commit to a release date, release the firmware open source and I will merge the fixes and rebuild the firmware.....it is a trivial work around.
I have two cameras sitting here with the exact same problem of losing the time (both bought over a year apart) and are useless to me ... Its not a very good advertisement for B1W camera reliability and support.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-06 at 2.29.59 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-06 at 2.29.59 AM.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 7
I have two cameras sitting here with the exact same problem of losing the time (both bought over a year apart) and are useless to me
It is a hardware problem! You can send it back for replacement!

It is a hardware problem! You can send it back for replacement!
A free warranty replacement, regardless of the length of time since purchase, for the same camera but this time without the hardware defect?

Free replacement camera for you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C B1W 6
E B1W 7
S B1W 1
estore009 B1W 56
B B1W 0
Back