B1W Low Bitrate BETA

Driving every day, you should have no problems running 2 B1W's like this. Regardless of which cam(s) you choose it will shorten the life of your car battery some, but most likely not to a degree which makes the idea unsound. End costs will probably less than $0.50 per day, which to me is a good deal for the protection you get.

The 0906 might have better vid quality in front during daytime, but it's never been as reliable and trouble-free as the B1W is, and that has become even more true with the QC apparently dropping on the 0906 in the last couple years. It does have the advantage of an easier install and less bother to retrieve the rear cam's recordings since the cam in front will have them both. That much goes for any 2-channel cam.

As for powering 2 single cams, as long as the chosen fuse or circuit has enough capacity to handle a couple extra amps, you can tap both HWK's into one place, and most circuits rated 15A or more should be able to do that for you. I think that would be preferable if possible so that if there is a problem, you'll know exactly where it is.

Phil

I'm really not an electric guy and would probably like to stick each HWK into a different fuse rather than putting both HWK's into one fuse

I'm really not an electric guy and would probably like to stick each HWK into a different fuse rather than putting both HWK's into one fuse
Probably easier to connect both cables into a single fuse tap, and that will work fine.

Probably easier to connect both cables into a single fuse tap, and that will work fine.

I would have no idea how to connect both HWKs with each other and then into 1 single fuse tap

I would have no idea how to connect both HWKs with each other and then into 1 single fuse tap
Keep its yellow wire unconnected!

Would I even have to hardwire the dashcam? I have an always on cigarette lighter. If you guys are saying the cam barely uses any battery, why would I hardwire it?

Would I even have to hardwire the dashcam? I have an always on cigarette lighter
No need hardwire kit then, just load the Auto parking mode firmware 20180614s or the Low bitrate firmware 20190609s!

No need hardwire kit then, just load the Auto parking mode firmware 20180614s or the Low bitrate firmware 20190609s!

Would plugging it into the cigarette lighter drain the same amount of car battery as hardwiring it?

Hi,Can you send me link to low bit rate park mode with wifi off.Thank you.

is it possible to have the red / green led depending of firmware for wifi on or off to have it flash slower to indicate its in 4Mbps recording mode?

currently it flashes the same rate if 12Mbps or 4Mbps and only can tell the switch over from the red led stays on for 3s before going back to flashing

be nice when enters this low bitrate mode during parking that the led flashes slower so say every 5s or maybe flashes red and green etc
I also requested a long time ago that the different modes of operation could be distinguished in some way and not only during the change from one to another, but during the entire operating time, so any improvement in this regard will be very useful.

_-----------------------------
yo también solicité hace tiempo que se pudieran distinguir, de alguna forma, los distintos modos de funcionamiento y no solo durante el cambio de uno a otro, sino durante todo el tiempo de funcionamiento, así que cualquier mejora en este sentido será muy útil.

Enviado desde mi ALP-L09 mediante Tapatalk

I have plugged the dashcam directly into my cigarette lighter for 10 hours and have left it on the whole time. After 10 hours I have measured the voltage of the battery with a voltmeter. It was 12.50V in the morning and 12.50V after leaving the dashcam plugged in for 10 hours and constantly recording. I think I will be safe to leave it in the cigarette lighter while I am at work away from my car - no hardwire, just cigarette lighter. It is always on even when the car is off.

It is always on even when the car is off.
It looks like the cigarette lighter is a 12V always-on socket. So the camera keeps recording when the car is off! Suggest you hardwire it with an ACC socket, so it can power off when ignition off!

It looks like the cigarette lighter is a 12V always-on socket. So the camera keeps recording when the car is off! Suggest you hardwire it with an ACC socket, so it can power off when ignition off!

I want the camera to be recording when ignition is off

I want the camera to be recording when ignition is off
Better to use a hardwire kit, it can avoid battery drain problem!
Anyway, it should be safe to get power from the cigarette lighter if you have a new battery and drive daily!

Better to use a hardwire kit, it can avoid battery drain problem!
Anyway, it should be safe to get power from the cigarette lighter if you have a new battery and drive daily!

If I use cigarette lighter, will the camera go into low bitrate mode when the car is off?

B1W does not use 3 wire sense to go into parking mode, it uses g sensor. So yes it will go into low bitrate parking mode if that's the firmware installed.

But as suggested the hardwire kit will provide some protection to your battery to prevent it from discharging to low.

is there anyway i can have the g sensor work in parking mode but sensitive can be turned off when normal driving :unsure:

reason for this is i have noticed a lot of locked files on my SD card and finally worked out its my subwoofer in the car which is triggering the false lock files as the dashcam things its had a knock but really its the thumping from the subwoofer :ROFLMAO:

only dashcam had which was able to adjust the sensitivity of normal and parking mode was the xiaomi mai90 so be great to know if possible to have this feature on the b1w :love:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C B1W 6
E B1W 7
S B1W 1
estore009 B1W 56
B B1W 0
Back