B1W newbie - front & rear installed

peanut

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Blueskysea B1W
Hi all

I've managed to install two B1W cameras - front and rear and have a few questions
  1. Voice Commands list - Where can I find a list of all the voice commands that it accepts? I have the English version.
  2. Change SSID - Any way to change the SSID of the cameras so I can distinguish between front and rear?
  3. Firmware for parking mode - I've seen in the forum there is a beta firmware to double tap the camera button to go into parking mode, Time+ G sensor. Can I please get that. How can I use the app to enable this for the rear cam? It's going to be quite painful to have to do it manually both for front and rear camera every time.
  4. How is the parking mode supposed to work if I do not update the firmware?
  5. How to upload the firmware etc via a Macbook? I don't own any Windows computer neither does anyone I know.
  6. A list of all actions that the button can do. How many clicks to do what etc.
My current firmware is C04_v1.06.180528s

I have them both connected to a BlackVue battery pack which is connected to my car's cigarette lighter socket. So it is hardwired but to a battery pack.
G Sensor is High. They both have 64gb Samsung Evo MicroSD cards each.

Last edited:
Voice Commands list - Where can I find a list of all the voice commands that it accepts? I have the English version.
jokiin is right, it talks, not listens to your voice commands! And you can mute its voice prompts in APP!
Change SSID - Any way to change the SSID of the cameras so I can distinguish between front and rear?
You can change camera SSID in APP, and you should change SSID and password at the same time! For example, you can change its SSID to be "B1WF", and with inputting new password "1234554321". After changed, you should go back to your phone WAN setting and find SSID "B1WF" and input password "1234554321" to connect, and then open APP to do connect your phone with the camera!
Firmware for parking mode - I've seen in the forum there is a beta firmware to double tap the camera button to go into parking mode, Time+ G sensor. Can I please get that. How can I use the app to enable this for the rear cam? It's going to be quite painful to have to do it manually both for front and rear camera every time.
PM your beta firmware already, please check your inbox message later.
How is the parking mode supposed to work if I do not update the firmware?
Parking mode was triggered by G-sensor. It should take recording for 30 seconds automatically if it detected an impact on the vehicle. And also, you should hardwire connect to your car battery or other extra power sources when car parking!
How to upload the firmware etc via a Macbook? I don't own any Windows computer neither does anyone I know.
Need a USB card reader. You can copy these Bin files to the memory card, and then insert this memory card into the camera, and power on camera in your car or with your 5V USB phone charger at home. And wait for about 1 minutes...
A list of all actions that the button can do. How many clicks to do what etc.
Short press to lock current video recording, long press to switch on/off WiFi
And a tip for you, you can tag me for help if you forget its password after you have changed the default WiFi SSID and its password.

Hi @estore009 I'm getting interference with my DAB radio, it's cutting off and on. Any idea how to solve this?

It might be better if you can route its power cord far away from your radio receiver!

It might be better if you can route its power cord far away from your radio receiver!
Not sure what you mean but the power cord is in the centre handrest console and not close to anything else. It improved with the wifi off but not entirely.
Can you please send me the wifi off default file.

It improved with the wifi off but not entirely.
Can you please send me the wifi off default file.
This is the firmware for WiFi default Off:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cd22qKXBz0IO8bjM9fHJsXFpqAxAt1FE/view

You can load this firmware into your camera in this way:
1) Download BIN file to your computer
2) Remove the memory card from your camera, and format it as FAT32 by Windows computer directly; If 64Gb card you use, you should use this Guiformat tool to format it as FAT32 by Windows computer. And you can download this Guiformat tool from official website http://www.blueskysea-inc.com/down.aspx?TypeId=16&FId=t14:16:14
3) Copy BIN file to the memory card
4) Power on camera in your car. If you have a 5V USB iPhone charger or Samsung phone charger, it is ok to plug the camera into phone charger for power source!
But not plug the camera into computer USB socket for power source!
5) Wait for 1 minute, the camera will load firmware automatically.

Back