B1W not recording for weeks, showing wrong Year in prev. recorded videos

I can confirm I had the same issue with fairly new device (bought in November 2019), connected to a USB cigarette charger from B1W kit. I haven't been able to discern what is exactly causing it, but I have two devices connected the same way in two very similar cars from Hyundai and one has never lost its time settings while the other one gets reset once per month or so.

I can confirm I had the same issue with fairly new device (bought in November 2019), connected to a USB cigarette charger from B1W kit. I haven't been able to discern what is exactly causing it, but I have two devices connected the same way in two very similar cars from Hyundai and one has never lost its time settings while the other one gets reset once per month or so.
swap the two cameras from car to car, if the problem moves with the camera that will rule out the voltage spike theory

swap the two cameras from car to car, if the problem moves with the camera that will rule out the voltage spike theory

I might try that. Just an interesting fact, problem is happening in a more expensive and more recent car which has also has a newer car battery.

For me, it happens on both of my vehicles (2017 and 2018 Subaru Forester). Both cars have two cameras, one facing front hardwired to the fuse box and one facing back connected to a USB charger in the 12V outlet. Both cars are using two different hardwire fuse kits. 3 of my cameras are from late 2018 and my newest one is from March 2020.

Anecdotally, the RTC reset seems to occur on a re-ignition of the car. Some examples are when I drive to a supermarket parking lot and return after half an hour or when I turn the car on and off a few times...such as when I'm stuck in a long drive through line. I'll try to keep an eye on future cases and report back when it seems to lose track of time to see if that can help with diagnosing it.

I have the same problem. Today I checked that the last files (current) are from September 2015. The car is used almost every day (breaks max. 2-3 days). The camera is connected to a hardwire kit.
I bought the camera in November 2018 - is it a model with an additional battery?
Interestingly, there have been no date issues so far. From time to time I synchronized the device with the phone, but there were errors of several minutes.

Another problem is the Android app not working - the latest version (1.8.6) does not connect at all ("failed to get device information"), for this reason I use v1.8.4, but this version does not load the file list (it updates the file list once per several connections) and never display thumbnails. When can we expect a working update?

Can you check your files and see what was going on when the time reset? Was it in the middle of the driving or was it upon starting up the car?

The Android app works fine on my S10...haven't encountered that issue. I did have an issue when I upgraded to Android 10 but that was because of a new setting where if internet isn't detected, it disconnects you from that Wi-Fi source but I had to manually disable that feature.

Can you check your files and see what was going on when the time reset?
I will check it next time because I have already formatted the card.

I also use android 10 (on Mi9 lite) but the v1.8.6 application does not connect to the camera at all, regardless of the configuration of the connection.

I just checked my newer B1W recordings today and it seems like during mid-drive, after a 3 minute file completed saving, the time randomly reset back to 2015 for no apparent reason. There were no electrical anomalies at the time and I was just driving down a city street as usual. Very weird that this time the time skip happened mid-drive and not on restart like in the past. I'll keep an eye out for other time resets to see if I can determine a pattern. My older rear-facing B1W had no issues in the last month and kept time just fine. Longest span between drives was about 7-10 days.

i had some funny voice from the woman's today ,every 5 secs !! but could not understand it all " SD card detected" then something something, i tried to connect while in car , NO luck ,so i have pulled it out & the dates are Sept 2015 & 1min loops NO AUDIO in any clips [i normally select 3mins ]

Attachments

• ch0_20150901020444_20150901020544.jpg
    ch0_20150901020444_20150901020544.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 11
It looks like the dashcam cannot hold the time! You can sync the time in the app or contact the seller for the warranty directly!

prob out of warranty through ozbargains Aus , i joined here after i bought it

prob out of warranty through ozbargains Aus , i joined here after i bought it
PM me your order number, I will have a check the warranty details with the seller!

It has been said that you should connect a least 1 a month and sync your cell phone to the B1W to keep the date correct.

unless they all come from the same production it's possible there are hardware component revisions which can be contributing to this problem
I never responded to this but I bought my cameras at all different times. First one was around September 2018, two more in November 2018, and then the latest one in March 2020. The one from March 2020 seems to have the most issues so far.

I actually recorded an accident on my camera this weekend (not involving my vehicle or cars) that went somewhat viral on Reddit and sure enough...the time was wrong. Granted I hadn't synced the time in two months due to laziness but still mildly annoying.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R B1W 10
H B1W 4
M B1W 3
C B1W 5
M B1W 12
Back