B1W not recording for weeks, showing wrong Year in prev. recorded videos

vbhavaraju

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

Last month I checked my dashcam video list after a long time and found that it had skipped recording for several weeks. Also It started showing the last known videos were recorded in 2015 (I bought it in Aug, 2019).
I looked around in the forum and found that it may be due to emergency video partition being full. So i decided to give it a format, then disabled G-Sensor altogether and back in the camera again.

Today on Jan 14.2020 I found that it hasn't recorded from Jan 9th. Once again, it says video from last week was recorded in 2015.

Can someone please help ?

SD Card is Samsung PRO Endurance 64GB SDXC.

I've attached screenshots from the app. The last change I did was flash the WiFI OFF Fw. Will move on to WiFi ON version and see if it makes a difference.

1. No video after Jan 09
2. Year changed on prev videos
3. After I launch app it starts recording again... but from prev. exp. it will stop recording after some time.
4. Info.

There were no videos in emergency folder when this happened.

Attachments

• No VIdeo after 01092020.png
    No VIdeo after 01092020.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • Year changed on prev videos.png
    Year changed on prev videos.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • After launching app--records as expected.png
    After launching app--records as expected.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20200114-163247.png
    Screenshot_20200114-163247.png
    672.4 KB · Views: 11
if the date resets it will overwrite the wrong files and you effectively keep losing new recordings, does yours have the RTC battery or is it the earlier version?

If it's the early version it will lose the date after a few days if you don't use it

Not familiar with versions, but mine does not have any battery. Also, I use my car daily.

they are both capacitor versions, if you use it daily and it's losing the date then that's a problem regardless of which version it is

By battery jokiin mean the very little button cell battery most dashcams have to keep time/date, when did you get yours ?

Whether it has a button battery or not it shouldn't lose the date if you're using it daily, there's a hardware problem, time to talk to the seller about your warranty options

PM me your order number please, I will ask the seller agent to help you out!

I use Samsung PRO Endurance 64GB/ WiFI OFF and have the same problem. I found estore009 have said;

Could you mind to use a multi-meter to check the output voltage from the hardware kit to the camera? If happens if its output above 5.3V to the camera! Suggest you give it a try with our supplied USB car charger, but not the hardware kit!

We experienced that if the camera reset to the factory default setting if it overlaid 5.3V.

my car charger output 5.38V seems like the cause, you should check yours too.

I use a samsung pro endurance 64gb with wifi off in one of my cameras no issues. The only time I had any issues is when I was testing a beta firmware where it would save the first and last 30 sec of the vid before of the file that locked. Went back to the official stock firmware and my cameras stopped the date resetting issue i was having.

Thanks for suggestion. I will test voltage. But I was using the inbox accessory only, no other additional accessory.

My Firmware is also stock version.

Estore009 has sent me a replacement, will update results when I receive it.

I have a same problem with loosing time/data.
I purchased the B1W on E-bay at Sep 10, 2019 .
So, what can I do now ? I have basic electronics skill, may I add time battery myself ?
9-10-2019? It should be from the new batches! And you can contact the seller agent for the warranty!

So I bought my 4th B1W last month off Amazon (putting one in the front and back of all of my cars) and I went to check the time and found that it had reset back to 2015. I thought all current model B1W's are supposed to have a button cell that prevents a loss of time from happening, as with the earlier models. Is loss of time still an issue on the current revision? Seems like the loss of time occurred when I turned off the car and restarted it with not much time in between.

So I bought my 4th B1W last month off Amazon (putting one in the front and back of all of my cars) and I went to check the time and found that it had reset back to 2015. I thought all current model B1W's are supposed to have a button cell that prevents a loss of time from happening, as with the earlier models. Is loss of time still an issue on the current revision? Seems like the loss of time occurred when I turned off the car and restarted it with not much time in between.
Can you tell me what is the longest parking time?

About 10 days at most so far in between trips. Mind you the time loss occurred mid-trip when I restarted the car.

About 10 days at most so far in between trips. Mind you the time loss occurred mid-trip when I restarted the car.
Thanks for your clue. Its RTC battery should last for 10 days even without usage! Might the ignition current make the camera PCBA reset?

It likely is ignition voltage triggering some sort of reset. It happens from time to time on all 4 of my cameras.

But that leads to the question...is there a way to regulate the ignition current or voltage so that it doesn't cause a reset? It happens on both a hard wire fuse box setup and on an setup where it's just connected to a USB cigarette outlet. Only the RTC is affected while all other settings remain stable during a reset condition.

Please give us more time to figure it out, we need time to re-act this problem!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R B1W 10
H B1W 4
M B1W 3
C B1W 5
M B1W 12
Back