B1W Picture Quality- Rough Roads/ Terrain?

N-A-V

Reaction score
Country
United States
How is the picture quality with this cam when in very rough roads or terrain?

I am considering mounting a dash cam in our Polaris RZR sxs/ orv. This way I wouldn’t have to deal with any gopro batteries or battery issues due to colder temps. And it would auto record once the rig is started.

Would the impact detection cause the files to be locked when hitting bumps in the trail? Or is there a way to turn the impact detection off?

TY!!!

You can turn the g-sensor off, but it will probably be OK anyway, depending on your suspension. Mine does trigger if I go over a cattle grid, but only when going fast.

On image quality, it is a 1080 resolution dashcam, not a movie camera, it records a lot of detail, but you will see compression artifacts, it is not a replacement for a $500 GoPro as a movie camera. It is fine on rough roads.

If you just want to use it as a dashcam then it is good, if you want to make movies then there are better cameras.

For something like that you would be better off with a action camera that have build in stabilization.
The Polaris RZR sxs looks like a nice ride ( used to squat over a 660 Raptor ) but where i would take it a dashcam will be of little use.
Dashcams would probably also choke on all the detail as it rush buy, a action camera with a higher bitrate will be better.
Downside of action camera is they run off a battery, or if powered by USB cable they are no longer waterproof.

Of course if you have G sensor on while driving it will probably trigger all the time, and you don't need that when you are recording all the time anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G B1W 17
R B1W 2
FasrCam B1W 18
M B1W 5
Back