B1W Power Draw

dashcent

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Has anyone an average measure/estimate how much power draws the B1W board?
Cheers!

Has anyone an average measure/estimate how much power draws the B1W board?
Cheers!
1.35 watts (0.27 amps) in normal mode, about 1.0 watts (0.2 amps) in parking mode.

That is the most efficient of any dashcam I've tested - ideal for parking mode use :)

Edit: That is with Wifi off using the default WiFi off firmware, I've not tested it accurately with WiFi on, estore is probably correct below.

Last edited:
Do you mean its working current, if yes, 320ma about, and will be less if WiFi off!

Cool thanks both!! (y)
What about the required voltage input is it 5V or is there a voltage regulator onboard?

Yes, there is 5V. It is necessary to use a power adapter from the kit or another converter that will cater for at least 1 Ampere.

I am running front and rear(2 b1w) from a single outlet with a torras 4.8amp 24 watt dual usb adapter. Should I be worried? It has been working without issuea, but I do not want to risk anything

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

This is a good solution, the adapter runs at low load and will not heat up. You have no reason to worry, the dashcams is provided with a stable supply voltage and will consume the current that it needs, no more.

Back