B1W records the sky, video is green, and wifi won't connect?

pagosElite

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

Finally installed the B1W after I bought it months ago.

I'm noticing that the angle at which it mounts to the windshield points it almost directly upward, pointing towards the ceiling. What am I missing here? It doesn't rotate right?

Also, all the video it has recorded flickers with a green frames, making it unwatchable. The microSD card I'm using is the "SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card with Adapter 32GB (SDSDQQ-032G-G46A)." Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00V5Q1K3O . From my research this card is perfect for dash cams? I also made sure to put the power in my cigarette lighter. The one thing I did was I formatted my microSD card to FAT on my Mac (aka FAT32) then downloaded the latest firmware onto it, then plugged it in before the initial boot, and let it run for 2 mins. But I don't know if it actually updated because:

I also cannot connect from my phone to the dash cam using the wifi, it doesn't show up at all, so I can't check what's going on with the firmware and etc.

I'd be grateful for any help all. I finally got off my butt after ordering it 5 months ago but now it doesn't work as intended at all.

haven't heard anything about that before sorry

Okay I got it, I’m posting this for future reference:

The rotating of the camera takes a bit of force so don’t be afraid.

The green color is because the frequency of the camera was at 50. If you’re in the United States, it should be 60, so I changed that.

Last, when you go to connect to the camera, you don’t just stay connected to your at home wifi, you have to literally login to the wifi signal from the camera. The default password is 1234567890. Then you can do stuff like change the frequency and the password!

It's perfect for me now!

I'm noticing that the angle at which it mounts to the windshield points it almost directly upward, pointing towards the ceiling. What am I missing here? It doesn't rotate right?
Please PM me for help if any questions to use it! And glad to hear that it works now :)

Do you know what's up with the green frames in the video also by any chance?
Not hear about it, can you take a photo to show me this problem? maybe you can post this for future reference! Thanks!

I'm in the MA, USA and use frequency 50 - and have 0 issues.

you should be using 60Hz, you'll get flickering in your video when using 50Hz when it is low light and there is a decent amount of mains powered incandescent or fluorescent lighting, road signs, building signs, car park lighting, tunnel lighting etc

Back