B1W startup unreliability

Vector60

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hello Guys,

I've been trying to solve this problem that I'm having with this camera for a couple of weeks now, but I seem to have run out of ideas. My camera usually starts up fine, blinking green light, plus "recording start" announcement, but occasionally (i would say 1 in 10 startups), the camera won't start recording when given power. No announcement, just a solid green light. After I unplug the adapter and replug it, it starts up fine. (The curious thing is it takes much longer to shut off than with normal operation, about half a minute or so, and the green light just kinda fades out.) I have also noticed the cam lost time once.

The list of things I tried that didn't work:
- Formatted the SD card in the app
- Bought a new card (Samsung Pro Endurance 32 Gb)
- Formatted that SD card too multiple times in the app and with a PC trying different settings
- Checked SD card with h2testw to verify integrity - no problems
- Reset the firmware according to this thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/my-b1w-not-recording.43141/

I'm using the factory cigarette adapter power supply, and I bought the cam in June 2020 (didn't started using it till autumn tough).

Does anyone have any idea how could I proceed with this?

about half a minute or so, and the green light just kinda fades out.
Should be a hardware related problem! And it is within the warranty, please contact the seller for the replacement camera directly!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
YouSparkle B1W 6