B1W taking snapshot each segment

DaveMW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Recently purchased the B1W from Ali-express. Everything seems to work well, however when checking the saved file segments on my computer I've noticed that at the start of each recorded 3 min segments the camera seems to save a screenshot/snapshot automatically. I cannot find a way to fix this & don't know if it's supposed to be part of the dashcam set up itself. If it helps I'm using a Kingston 32gb SD card (supplied by seller) & using the firmware that sets the WiFi to off by default.
any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 09-09-18 at 03.06 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 09-09-18 at 03.06 PM.PNG
    148.5 KB · Views: 9
Yeah its a bit confusing, but quite normal for the B1W.
Not aware if there are a option in the future to just have the video and save the +picture too for event recordings.

The little pictures are needed to display on the phone app so that you can select which videos to view without having to download the whole card full of video to be able to see what is in the video files.

The little pictures are needed to display on the phone app so that you can select which videos to view without having to download the whole card full of video to be able to see what is in the video files.

Makes sense when explained that way (y) I was wondering what those were about, but not concerned as they take so little cardspace. Had to watch where I clicked when looking at the file list on my PC or I'd be viewing the pic and not the vid :rolleyes: :p

Phil

Hi,
Recently purchased the B1W from Ali-express. Everything seems to work well, however when checking the saved file segments on my computer I've noticed that at the start of each recorded 3 min segments the camera seems to save a screenshot/snapshot automatically. I cannot find a way to fix this & don't know if it's supposed to be part of the dashcam set up itself. If it helps I'm using a Kingston 32gb SD card (supplied by seller) & using the firmware that sets the WiFi to off by default.
any help much appreciated.
Same as Nigel said, it is normal and it is helpful if you playback on its APP!

Ahh thanks for clearing that up. That never crossed my mind. thanks for for the help everyone, much appreciated (y)

Back