B1W videos with lots of pink/purple patches in video

longzheng

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've had a Blueskysea B1W for just a little over a year (purchased April 2018) which I've been quite happy with, however just today I noticed that all the videos it has been recording are all heavily distorted with pink/purple blobs, with a bit of green and even blue.

The colour distortion appears on every frame and is scattered through the view, however the rest of the view is still perfectly viewable.

44p3hIH.jpg
yxV0thD.jpg

I don't regularly check the dash cam videos often enough so I don't have a specific time when this started happening, but I remember checking around 6 months ago without any problems.

The B1W is on the latest public firmware 20180528 and is running a Sandisk High Endurance SD card. It affects both video recordings, photos and also the live view from within the app (so I don't think it's a problem with the SD card).

I had a search around the forums for pink videos and saw some reports of a failing CMOS sensor. I was wondering if anyone's ever seen anything like this before on a B1W?

I had a search around the forums for pink videos and saw some reports of a failing CMOS sensor. I was wondering if anyone's ever seen anything like this before on a B1W?
It is a failed sensor, and you can contact the seller for warranty!

Back