B1W Wifi "auto-on" problem

bellic86

Reaction score
Country
Italy
hi, I have a problem with the b1w.
until a few days ago, with the 614s firmware, I had the parking mode and pressing the button manually, the wifi turned off. always. every time I turned on the car the cam started recording but the wifi remained off.

now instead every time I turn on the car, the wifi is activated (light turns green) even if then afterwards I manually turn off the wifi (red light) after the next start of the car it returns active. Also every time I turn on the car and the cam starts, there is the little voice that tells me that the micro sd has been detected and that the recording starts (before that it didn't happen to me).

I did a test. I formatted the sd, put the 614s firmware back, and connected the cam to a samsung charger. At home the behavior of the dashcam is perfect, as in the past in the car.
I put the cam back in the car, and the problem came back, when the engine started the cam started with active wifi.

That's very odd. Is the software you're loading definitely default wifi off? That's dictated by the default.cfg bin file.

That's very odd. Is the software you're loading definitely default wifi off? That's dictated by the default.cfg bin file.

I don't know if the firmware requires wifi always off or not. I installed it 8/9 months ago and it has always worked well. Even now with the samsung charger in at home it works. Is it the connection to the car? But it seems strange to me, The power supply either arrives or doesn't arrive, instead the wifi is activated ...

You need estore009 to send you the software with default wifi off. I think that will fix it.

Maybe yes. But it is strange that at home the wifi remains off once manually deactivated while in the car it's turn on

hi, I have a problem with the b1w.
until a few days ago, with the 614s firmware, I had the parking mode and pressing the button manually, the wifi turned off. always. every time I turned on the car the cam started recording but the wifi remained off.

now instead every time I turn on the car, the wifi is activated (light turns green) even if then afterwards I manually turn off the wifi (red light) after the next start of the car it returns active. Also every time I turn on the car and the cam starts, there is the little voice that tells me that the micro sd has been detected and that the recording starts (before that it didn't happen to me).

I did a test. I formatted the sd, put the 614s firmware back, and connected the cam to a samsung charger. At home the behavior of the dashcam is perfect, as in the past in the car.
I put the cam back in the car, and the problem came back, when the engine started the cam started with active wifi.
Load WiFi default off firmware here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cd22qKXBz0IO8bjM9fHJsXFpqAxAt1FE

I have installed the firmware.
Now, when i stop the car the light turn red, but when i start the car it turns green (also little voice says sd detectec ecc).
this is still an improvement compared to before, at least the wifi turns off when I turn off the car.
At this point i think that there is a problem with the hardwire kit? i don't know. It works perfectly until few days ago

If you have a multi-meter, you can check the voltage form the hardwire kit!

I have not yet performed the multimeter test.
yesterday I disconnected and reattached the dashcam's power supply from the fuse box.
now when I turn on the car, the dash turns on with active wifi, after a few seconds the light turns red and the wifi turns off and stays off.
so is it right or shouldn't the green light come on?
PS every time I turn on the car there is always the little voice that tells me sd detected etc etc, is that right? (in the past it wasn't there)

PS every time I turn on the car there is always the little voice that tells me sd detected etc etc, is that right?
Yes, it is normal! And you can switch off voice prompts in the APP!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E B1W 1
J B1W 6
S B1W 2
H B1W 4
facklere B1W 1
Back