B1W wifi connection problems

mrdart

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Green light on camera. Memorycard formated correctly. Phone/tablet (same problem on both devices) has wifi on and correct software installed. Phone/tablet software recognizes the camera (shows camera id on left upper corner) but don`t connect or communicate just says: "failed to get device information." What is wrong?

Switch on airplane mode on your phone---Input password and Connect B1W WiFi in the phone WAN setting---Open APP and click "connect" icon to continue!

This how I ended to be now. I have deleted and reloaded the app few times both to my phone and tablet (both android devices) and tried several times to connect to camera.
1. Phone in airplane mode: result app only show the blue start picture then shuts the app down and suggest to restart. After restart says app repeatedly shuts down close app or send reply.
2. Phone not in airplane mode: now the same outcome as in airplane mode.
3. Tablet in airplane mode: result same as in phone.
4. Tablet not in airplane mode: app starts normally, recognizes the camera. I click "connect" icon outcome "failed to get device information."
Camera has green light on blinking and it says "memory card detected" and "starts recording".
I am baffled.

If your phone with the Android 9.0 version, you should open the location permission to the APP! And please delete the dashcam WiFi on your other phones, the dashcam cannot connect with two devices at the same time!

I´ve got the same problem and found out that it´s only on my newest mobile, an Huawei Mate 20 Pro, after the last android update it can not connect to my B1W anymore, but with my old Samsung S6 it works great and so with my gf´s Samsung J7 so the problem is not in the camera, it´s some **** in the newest android version 10.0.0.182. Had no problem with my Mate 20 Pro before this update.

Ok. I still have the same problem. App wont connect to camera. I have now tried to connect only to my phone not to tablet anymore. I have formated my 32 gb sd-card several times (FAT32format with windows computer). I have reloaded cardvr_img.bin and default_cfg.bin. files to the root directory of sd-card and inserted card to camera and waited over a minute for files to load in camera. Then formated sd-card again. I have removed cameras wifi connection from my phone and "reinstalled" it several times. Phone finds the cameras wifi and asks the password and connects properly. When I open the app it shows the wifi is on and connected. Then I press "click to connect". It starts connecting and then says "failed to get device information". This happens everytime no matter what I try. Camera blinks green light, it starts to record normally when power turned on (power comes from car cigarette lighter socket). My phone has android 7.1.1 What more there is to do to make it work?

Then I press "click to connect". It starts connecting and then says "failed to get device information". This happens everytime no matter what I try
Give it a try under the Airplane mode!

Airplane mode did not help. Still same situation.

Should be a hardwire problem! Ask the seller for the warranty!

@estore009

Not sure if this is related but I have just uploaded the firmware (B1W Standard 20180528s) so that I can use the WiFi OFF feature. I upgraded OK and then I booted with the WiFi OFF update. All went well but I did find a bug.

When I changed the password, the device also changed the WiFi name. It removed the first character, B1W_58b3fc99.. changes to 1W_58b3fc99.. When reconnecting to WiFi after a changed you may need to reconnect to the new name. The first character is removed on each password change (next time will be W_58b3fc99..). This also occurs with firmware B1W V20200707

When I changed the password, the device also changed the WiFi name. It removed the first character, B1W_58b3fc99.. changes to 1W_58b3fc99.. When reconnecting to WiFi after a changed you may need to reconnect to the new name.
This is an APP related problem. If you use the older version APP (V1.8.4), it should be ok to change WiFi Password!

Android app version is 1.8.7

I think we will fix it in the next version!

@estore009

Not sure if this is related but I have just uploaded the firmware (B1W Standard 20180528s) so that I can use the WiFi OFF feature. I upgraded OK and then I booted with the WiFi OFF update. All went well but I did find a bug.

When I changed the password, the device also changed the WiFi name. It removed the first character, B1W_58b3fc99.. changes to 1W_58b3fc99.. When reconnecting to WiFi after a changed you may need to reconnect to the new name. The first character is removed on each password change (next time will be W_58b3fc99..). This also occurs with firmware B1W V20200707
V1.8.8 APP download link here

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E B1W 1
J B1W 6
S B1W 2
H B1W 4
facklere B1W 1
Back