B2k Parking Mode with always-on USB connection?

weekender

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All - Recently purchased a B2k and B1w for front/rear and a RHUNDO RS-21S as a low voltage cutoff and splitter. I decided on the RHUNDO because my car has always-on 12v sockets (they stay powered when the car is turned off).
I see the manual says that the parking mode for the B2K requires a hardwire kit.
Is this because the ACC line triggers parking mode, or does parking mode automatically turn on after motion is not detected for a period of time? Wondering if I should return my RHUNDO and just buy two hardwire kits. Less convenient but I want parking mode.

Also - what parking mode would people recommend? It looks like it can do motion detection, buffered with G-sensor, or time lapse. Motion detection and time lapse disable loop recording, so I guess that means it would eventually fill up the SD card.
I have a new 128gb high endurance SanDisk so I think it would last a while before requiring formatting.

I see the manual says that the parking mode for the B2K requires a hardwire kit.
Yes, it needs a 3-wires-hardwire kit for B2K dash cam! Red wire to 12v always-on socket; Yellow wire to ACC switched fuse; Black wire to GND;
Is this because the ACC line triggers parking mode,
Yes, it is correct! The yellow wire should be connected with an 12v switched fuse;
Also - what parking mode would people recommend?
Depends on your choice! Time lapse recording mode is more ideal if a busy street!
I have a new 128gb high endurance SanDisk so I think it would last a while before requiring formatting.
Should last about 7 hours before it was full!

Thanks for the reply! For other's benefit I'll just repeat what was said in PM's - Time lapse would be best with always-on cigarette power.

I'll add that it would be great to have a firmware update to automatically turn on parking mode when no motion is detected for 1-5 minutes, I believe that is how some of the B1W firmwares work.

Back