Country
China
Dash Cam
B1W/B2W/B2K/B4K/DV688/DV988/B1M/B2M
Change log:

1. Fixed GPS Unit MPH issue.

V20190927 firmware download link here

How to update:

1, Plug the supplied 32Gb card into your computer USB socket with a card reader.
2, Format the 32Gb card on your computer.
3, Copy the bin file from above google link to the card.
4, Plug the card into the camera.
5, Power on the camera with your phone USB wall charger with the supplied USB cable.
6, It will update firmware automatically after power on, and wait for 2 minutes until the camera reboots. The red LED will be blinking while upgrading.
7, Press ok to stop recording and check the firmware info in the camera menu.
8, Format the card in the camera menu, or else, it will update again after power on next time!
9, If you use a 64Gb card or above card to update firmware, you should use the tool Guiformat tool to format the card as FAT32 system, or else, this camera cannot read the bin file from your 64Gb card, and does not update firmware!

I will get this on the camera, though it is not moving anymore.

Today I decided to check if there are any B2W updates. I found two firmware on the site: for IPS screen version (No. 1) and TFT screen version (No. 2).
FW on blueskysea.inc 17.05.20.jpg
Since No. 1 is more recent - I decided to update B2W. As a result, I got a white screen. Repeated firmware on version No. 2 returned everything to its place.

PS: it would be nice to explain to users which firmware is suitable for their version of B2W.

Under the inscription B2W V20190726 actually lies the firmware 190927_E_V02
B2W fw 190927_E_V02-400.jpg

And please do not forget to format the micro-SD card after update the firmware:
8, Format the card in the camera menu, or else, it will update again after power on next time!

Are any firmware updates expected?

Last edited:
Today I decided to check if there are any B2W updates. I found two firmware on the site: for IPS screen version (No. 1) and TFT screen version (No. 2).
View attachment 51670
Since No. 1 is more recent - I decided to update B2W. As a result, I got a white screen. Repeated firmware on version No. 2 returned everything to its place.

PS: it would be nice to explain to users which firmware is suitable for their version of B2W.

Under the inscription B2W V20190726 actually lies the firmware 190927_E_V02
View attachment 51672

And please do not forget to format the micro-SD card after update the firmware:

Are any firmware updates expected?
What is your suggestion then?
We use a more visible IPS screen for the new batches, that is why you cannot load the newer version firmware if it was an older B2W with TFT screen!

What is your suggestion then?
We use a more visible IPS screen for the new batches, that is why you cannot load the newer version firmware if it was an older B2W with TFT screen!
Thank you, but how can a user distinguish a B2W with an IPS screen? What are the differences - in appearance or serial number?

What are the differences - in appearance or serial number?
Firmware Version only! The firmware dated with 20190726 is the old batch B2W!

If I can bump this, I think what Leonauto was asking is how a user is supposed to know the difference between an old-batch TFT version vs the newer IPS screen cameras.

I'm familiar with those technologies but a user might not be able to understand the difference in viewing angles. Is there a serial number or design feature they can check?

Edit: Checking the firmware version, it shows IPS. I'm guessing on the older version it won't say anything?

Last edited:
Edit: Checking the firmware version, it shows IPS. I'm guessing on the older version it won't say anything?
The first batch with firmware version 20190726 without "IPS";
New batches firmware version 20191030 with "IPS"

Attachments

• share.jpg
    share.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back