B2W Sample Videos

I noticed in another standalone player just released that they support multi channel by playing in multiple windows (side by side, or top and bottom) rather than picture in picture, I think that's actually a better solution as nothing is obscured from overlaying video

That's very interesting @jokiin . Do you remember which player it was?
I thought most users would be interested in PIP only. Side-by-side or stacked play is probably easier technically than PIP.

I thought most users would be interested in PIP only. Side-by-side or stacked play is probably easier technically than PIP.
PIP lets you see what is happening, but you can't see any detail in the smaller image. To see the detail you either need to be able to flip between the two views as the main view, or you need to stack the channels at normal size. With most dashcam video you only need half the normal height, so a full screen split in half with the centre "half" of each channel is very good for detail.

Splitting the screen is not much good if you have more than 2 channels though, 3 channel dashcams, with front+rear+interior will become common before long. And some people may have more than that, 4 video channels + 2 audio channels:

That's very interesting @jokiin . Do you remember which player it was?

Indeed PIP are just for the grand picture, you must be able to maximize it for detail, and easy jump back and forth between the 2 feeds.
I have never used PIP myself with anything, even getting my CCTV cameras and having to deal with 4 feeds on the screen took some getting used to.
I think if i was to jump to use several screens for the PC, it would only work as far as it was my desktop expanded to 2 screens, or i would at least have to get used to that over some time.
For instance me editing video on on screen while have this forum going on another i think would ruin the experience of both for me, but maybe not, i have a tendency to paint a gloomy picture, and then when i get under way its not so bad after all.

Indeed PIP are just for the grand picture, you must be able to maximize it for detail, and easy jump back and forth between the 2 feeds.
I think PIP makes some sense when you're using a very small screen and can flip between the video feeds, with larger screens though separate windows look like the better option, to me at least

B2W continues to work without problems.
The view from the rear and slightly to the sides is clearly visible through the interior camera.

Links to the originals of the video in the description of the videos

il y a un filtre CPL
Je recherche un produit pour les reflets sur le tableau de bord

Some more video at night in the city

Automatic IR-LED interior camera works flawlessly

The raw video is in the links in the video description

Yes the B2W have one of the best cabin cameras i have seen, that click of the IR filter engaging or disengaging i like that.

Odd, but the 'click' has generated several complaints from what I've been told. I can't hear it so it's not terribly loud- just some people are never satisfied I guess. I'm not running my B2W right now for other cams under testing, but it's still one of my all-time favorite cams :cool:

Phil

Back