B2W Sample Videos

Trial and error. nothing to do but take a drive and see what you get.
I assume changes to settings are global and so impact both cameras ? i cant imagine that you can tweak the cameras individual.

I like seeing people try to get better results, and there is almost always something which can be made better. What one wishes to achieve will vary by their desires, so that there is no single way which is always "better". The factory firmware here seems to be quite good and I am happy with it, but I'm always open to considering the viewpoints of everyone else because sometimes they do have something better to offer ;)

I thought I had some nighttime comparison vids for today, but I just discovered that one of the features I like about this cam has caught me out- I forgot to rotate both lenses from where I want them when parked here at home to where they belong when driving. Sometimes I think I may be the world's best tester for finding user error like that :cry:

Phil

I assume changes to settings are global and so impact both cameras ? i cant imagine that you can tweak the cameras individual.
The rear should be different, because you want both the dark interior and the bright outside through the windows exposed correctly, it has a very different view to the front camera.

I thought I had some nighttime comparison vids for today, but I just discovered that one of the features I like about this cam has caught me out- I forgot to rotate both lenses from where I want them when parked here at home to where they belong when driving. Sometimes I think I may be the world's best tester for finding user error like that :cry:

Phil
Yes, an auto reset of the lens position on exit from parking mode would be good, and also an auto return to the parking mode position when you turn the engine off again... actually, I think 2 more lenses for a 360 degree view would be a better solution, then we wouldn't need to reposition them for parking.

Individual settings for each camera is possible, not familiar with their firmware obviously but it is something that can be done

Test drive with a modified firmware version.
Blueskysea B2W (190708) - MOD#2.1 1080p 60fps (1).MP4_20190721_195857.413.jpg Blueskysea B2W (190708) - MOD#2.1 1080p 60fps (2).MP4_20190721_195956.648.jpg Blueskysea B2W (190708) - MOD#2.1 1080p 60fps (4).MP4_20190721_200018.898.jpg Blueskysea B2W (190708) - MOD#2.1 1080p 60fps (4).MP4_20190721_200027.112.jpg Blueskysea B2W (190708) - MOD#2.1 1080p 60fps (5).MP4_20190721_200038.799.jpg

Blueskysea B2W (190708) - MOD#2.1 1080p 60fps (6).MP4_20190721_200052.025.jpg Blueskysea B2W (190708) - MOD#2.1 1080p 60fps (9).MP4_20190721_200127.269.jpg Blueskysea B2W (190708) - MOD#2.1 1080p 60fps (11).MP4_20190721_200151.962.jpg Blueskysea B2W (190708) - MOD#2.1 1080p 60fps (11).MP4_20190721_200209.024.jpg Blueskysea B2W (190708) - MOD#2.1 1080p 60fps (12).MP4_20190721_200230.972.jpg
The originals of the video (the bitrate has not changed):
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2D8h/4XdzaT8wb

Liked:
-less aggressive exposure metering
-reduced sharpness
-lowered highlights
-more correct contrast and color

Did not like:
-The picture has become a little darker

It remains to slightly move the curve and slightly increase the brightness...

Last edited:
Thank you, colleague! To begin with, I checked the firmware in this mode, later I will check it in dual channel mode...

I just took a short drive with this modified firmware, but just in town, will probably take a more substantial drive tomorrow.
Will drive the highway route i drive so often to visit my dear old mother.

View attachment 47543 View attachment 47544 View attachment 47545 View attachment 47546 View attachment 47547

View attachment 47548 View attachment 47549 View attachment 47550 View attachment 47551 View attachment 47552

Liked:
-reduced sharpness
-lowered highlights

Did not like:

looks good

Very good exposure on the sky, ideal for catching those russian meteorites :D

Liked:
-reduced sharpness
-lowered highlights

Did not like:
Difficult to judge without a direct comparison, but there appears to be better exposure across the shadow areas. I don't mind so much if the sky is over exposed in a dashcam video, but managing highlights on number plates could be useful.

For the B2W, the performance of the interior camera is very important. Again, opening up shadows and reducing highlights could be beneficial since this camera often captures scenes with high contrast between interior and exterior environments.

How does it look at night?

Difficult to judge without a direct comparison
I have only one gadget available...)
How does it look at night?
At night I can not check. I believe some comrades will help in this matter.
First, I need to collect anamnesis, and only then it will be possible to move on...

View attachment 47543 View attachment 47544 View attachment 47545 View attachment 47546 View attachment 47547

View attachment 47548 View attachment 47549 View attachment 47550 View attachment 47551 View attachment 47552

Liked:
-reduced sharpness
-lowered highlights

Did not like:

Thanks for your time! And I agree with @TonyM, to capture the plate numbers is the most important job for a dashcam!

I will try to do this tonight- I have the modded firmware now. Also have some comparison vid files but need to edit them before posting.

Phil

Had a family emergency but I'm back. I didn't realize how bad the windshield was so used the washer which makes comparison tough but it's all I have time for tonight.

Factory firmware:

Modified firmware:

Thanks to @Falsificator for the modded firmware (y)
Phil

I have no chance to test this as i am sick, so my only driving are to do some shopping every 2 days as i tear thru not least liquids in my fridge.
Things like OJ and Milk dont last long here with my sickness the the really nice hot weather,,,,,, it is not often i wished i had aircon, but with the timing of the weather and my sickness i would gladly spend a few KW every day to cool down, but all i can do is open all windows and that dont do much as the winds are slower than my top crawl speed.

I managed to get off my ass today and do some little driving after the rain,,,, i always liked the smell of nature after the rain so easy to get out there.
Running the mod firmware from falsificator i must say i prefer the look of the footage with his twist, also still see some problems pertaining to the modest bitrate ( 16 - 8 ) so on this stretch of highway the plate captures was not as good as the same ones from my SG9663DC camera which captured them all good.

I think it will lift the camera.
Maybe just steal more bitrate from the rear camera, i really would like to see how it do if the cabin camera only had 4 mbit to work with.

Back