B2W Sample Videos

Leonauto

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
StreetStorm A7810-G_Pro, B1W, B2W, Viofo A119 PRO, A119 V3
I checked the shooting with different camera tilt, and it turned out that our usual settings, where 30% of the sky, are not suitable for B2W. The cameras need to be positioned vertically, 50% of the sky is obtained, but in this case the front camera shoots with the correct exposure (it seems to me that this is provided for in the exposure metering table) and the interior camera shoots the interior, not the ceiling.
At the beginning of the video (firmware B2W-0726-E-02), the front camera is omitted below (as we are used to on other dashcams), and then I moved it to the correct position
B2W FW 260719_v.2 camera DOWN standing.jpg B2W FW 260719_v.2  camera UP mid image.jpg
raw video (71 MB) here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Sv5FcvmvOrNnQdYXH35tOHUo6YO7wW4Z

as well as the view from the rear camera in the cabin
B2W FW 260719_v.2 Rear camera DOWN front cam..jpg B2W FW 260719_v.2  Rear camera UP front cam..jpg

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I checked the shooting with different camera tilt, and it turned out that our usual settings, where 30% of the sky, are not suitable for B2W. The cameras need to be positioned vertically, 50% of the sky is obtained, but in this case the front camera shoots with the correct exposure (it seems to me that this is provided for in the exposure metering table) and the interior camera shoots the interior, not the ceiling.
I think that makes sense given the design of the camera, if you tilted the camera so the front was lower the rear camera aim would be poor, a 50/50 split seems more logical

OP
TonyM

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Quite a few...
The cameras need to be positioned vertically, 50% of the sky is obtained, but in this case the front camera shoots with the correct exposure (it seems to me that this is provided for in the exposure metering table)
Yes, it seems that the B2W metering is setup for 50/50 sky/ground. I've never noticed a problem with the exposure on the B2W.

OP
TonyM

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Quite a few...
@estore009 Is it possible to mute all sounds on the B2W, including the startup sound?