B2W Video Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, blueskysea reached out to me to review the B2W and I just uploaded my review. As usual the meat of my review is in the video, but I still have the camera on hand and if anyone has questions or wants me to test anything else I can. Lemme know below.

Overall I think its a decent option for uber/lyft drivers. Many might be put off due to its form factor, but after using it I sorta like it. I was able to keep it just under my mirror to get a good view with both lenses. I do wish they had their own first party wifi app though.

One thing to point out is the night video is pretty damn dark with the default settings for sony image sensors. It's not the worst out there, but its not the best either. I consider it an affordable option to consider. I am also reviewing the anker dash cam duo which i bought awhile ago but wanted to get this review out first since blueskysea sent it to me and I was taking too long on the anker review due to being busy with work.

Like you touch upon i also think cameras with the cabin unit on a wire are more versatile, the B2W you cant put in the middle in front of your mirror ( where my car have ample room for it ) cuz then all the rear camera record are the mirror, and so you would have to install it lower and then you loose the stealth both as seen from the outside but also from within the cabin.

I actually think i would place the cabin camera high on the windscreen near the Right A pillar, and then aimed so it have most of the cabin in view.
Or on the stalk for my mirror if it is going in the middle, i had the B1W installed here and in daytime it gave really good cabin footage from that position.

True as it is now the low light performance are not stellar, but as it capture side of road and lane markings just fine and light buckets at intersections i feel it is just fine in regard to insurance / liability claims.

The daytime footage also have a bit much sharpness / contrast to it i feel, feel like IQ haven't really been addressed much.

Big + is cabin camera have a active IR filter on the cabin camera, and it engage / disengage fine with changes in light.

If you can fit the B2W it seem to be a worth while camera to consider.

I've only got my N2Pro to compare with here, but the B2W's IR cam (or the iIR LED's) are better than it is, and better than what I've seen with most other "taxi" cams. The only better example I've seen is the A129 IR Duo and given how well Viofo does with his cams that does not surprise me.

Given the requirement for the interior cam to do well in both daytime and IR modes even when the exposure, color balance, and such are so very different I think it's unreasonable to expect much more than this, at least at this price level. It may not be the best but IMHO for it's intended purposes it is enough :cool: No dashcam is going to be perfect for everyone and so far the only concern I have with the B2W is that the form-factor may be a problem for some cars even if it works well for me. It's certainly a needed step forward for 'taxi cams' (y)

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N B2W 7
TonyM B2W 150
Back