B40 / A118 / AE-CC30 Mounted in your Car. ( Photos )

Close, ours is better ;)

If you want one let me know and I'll do something special for you

I don't get it, is this not the exact same as yours?

Also, I'm looking to buy one of these and I'm just wondering for those that have one if it's on and recording, does the screen stay on constantly? (I'd rather the screen be black or blank, less distracting, especially at night)

Just upgraded to this with GPS addon on my new Fiat 500. The G1W I was using before was a bit too bulky with the mount and there was no good place to put it that didn't stand out. This is very stealthy.

Excuse me if this seems stupid as I don't own a car with a rain sensor, but why not just mount it on the rain sensor itself? Theoretically, it looks like it discrete and small enough for you to be able to do it.
I put mine below the black rain sensor a) because I didn't know what the back stuff was until now (thought it was an antenna,) and b) if I have to scrape off the mount adhesive, I wouldn't want to break it.

Here is a quick post of my A118/B40 install into a 2005 Peugeot 206 SW. Unfortunately my car does not have a "black dotted" area like other cars.
It does have a standard black back window and the side windows are slightly tinted (again standard build).
This makes the interior look darker from the outside so the camera is not as noticeable.

As you can see the camera sits nicely behind the mirror. I did take my time here as I had to make sure the mirror could still be adjusted as two of us drive the car.

The power cable goes into the roof lining, down the A pillar, behind the dash and under the centre console, I have left enough cable so I can unplug it if need be.
The excess cable (about 50cm) is hidden behind the dash.

Last edited:
My camera install pictures (2010 Toyota 4Runner).

From outside:

d3.jpg

View from driver seat:

d4.jpg

and from passenger seat:

d6.jpg

And close up from the side:

d7.jpg

What is that round eye ball looking device on the dash?

I mounted mine on the passenger side just behind the rear view mirror. It doesn't distract me when driving, and is almost invisible looking into the windshield from outside. Oh, and the 3M adhesive for the mounting plate is black, so it barely shows through the grid. Vehicle is a 2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited:

Junebug_dashcam.jpg

@JuneBug - did yours come with the wire cover? When i has this camera in my wife's Toyota sienna the wire cover was great and made it look like a factory original piece. I did have to cut the cover about a quarter inch shorter but you could cut it as much as 1/8" above the bottom clips and it would still work fine. Look at page 6 of this thread to find pics of it in an old vw bug. He cut the wire cover quite a bit and it looks good. Further down page 6 you'll find pics of it in my Sienna too.

@JuneBug - did yours come with the wire cover? When i has this camera in my wife's Toyota sienna the wire cover was great and made it look like a factory original piece. I did have to cut the cover about a quarter inch shorter but you could cut it as much as 1/8" above the bottom clips and it would still work fine. Look at page 6 of this thread to find pics of it in an old vw bug. He cut the wire cover quite a bit and it looks good. Further down page 6 you'll find pics of it in my Sienna too.

Yes, mine came with the wire cover, but I didn't use it because it's so long. Never thought about trimming it down until you mentioned it, that's a great idea! I did see the pics of the VW, and now I'll go check out your Sienna. Thanks!

Gibson, I took your advice and installed the wire cover. It bugged me to see that exposed cable whenever I looked over at the rear view mirror. I did have to trim the end of the cover a little, no more than 5mm or so. I think it looks much better and has a more factory appearance, as many others have said. What do you think:

dashcam1.jpg

I had some extra time yesterday, so I snapped a few cell phone pics of my dash cam setup while parked on the street and parked in a garage. There are also a couple pics of the wire splice and how the extra 12V outlet is zip-tied to the other components in the dash.

It's pretty amazing -- from certain angles and in different lighting the dash cam is almost invisible to an outside viewer. My parking tag also helps to hide it a bit. Overall I'm really pleased with everything so far.

FbxSnb6.jpg

daxehHZ.jpg

Wsk49Yu.jpg

uwc0OZC.jpg

0fYEMKG.jpg

m5Czbwa.jpg

XL8JE7M.jpg

Is it a good or bad thing that I recognize that as a 2003-2008 Toyota Corolla (though probably more like 2003-2005) based on the shifter and right inner dashboard photos? :D

I used to be a mechanic for Toyota, that's why. And Toyota sells a LOT of Corollas.

Is it a good or bad thing that I recognize that as a 2003-2008 Toyota Corolla (though probably more like 2003-2005) based on the shifter and right inner dashboard photos? :D

I used to be a mechanic for Toyota, that's why. And Toyota sells a LOT of Corollas.

You're mostly correct -- it's a 2007 Corolla :p

Magnets from a dead HDD and 3M double-sided adhesive tape.

5 inch metallic bay plug from a PC case.

Done.

I'm thinking about getting this dash cam. It looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for. My question is, is it possible to hard wire the cam so I don't have to have it plugged into my port? I just don't want to keep unplugging it everyday since my port doesn't shut off when the engine is off.

Thanks for the help!

Back