B40 / A118 firmware update help

3ceepio

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've downloaded and attempted to apply the update as per the instructions on the cam page, but the device does not see the update file. Is there any trick to force the device to do an update?

I've tried: formatting SD card in device, then copying .bin file to root of SD. Also tried with zip file in root of SD and with .bin file in zipfile-named subdirectory off root.

I am using an Android device to write to the SD card and it adds two extra subdirectories of its own to any SD - could this make a difference?

File needs to be extracted and in the root directory of the card, other files or folders don't normally cause a problem

Yeah that's what I have but when it starts up it just goes straight to normal record mode. Should there be anything different on the screen?

Oh current fw is B40.20140806_01 iirc. Want to update to latest to get timezone support as it is always resetting time from GPS and I can't view files in sync with GPS speed and coordinates.

Start splash screen says BlueSkySea it that makes a difference

The screen doesn't show anything during the update, the rec led may flash but basically it is just a slower boot process and then it would work like normal, check the version number in the settings menu to see if it has updated or not

OK so I have definitely not seen that happen yet. I'll try again tonight with the device directly connected to a Windows computer and copy the firmware over that way, see if that helps.

Oh and thanks for your help!

I successfully flashed my unit after connecting it to a Windows PC, formatting the storage (FAT32) via Windows and re-copying the firmware. Moral of the story is don't try firmware upgrade with an Android device.

Oh current fw is B40.20140806_01 iirc. Want to update to latest to get timezone support as it is always resetting time from GPS and I can't view files in sync with GPS speed and coordinates.

Start splash screen says BlueSkySea it that makes a difference
after the firmware upgrade, will have a choice of zones, but disappear stamp numbers

Good tip. Where can one find the latest firmware?

Who does the firmware for FoxOffer hardware? They're not generic are they?

I updated the firmware on that cam a while back with whatever the most recent FW file was in the other thread a couple of months back. Everything seems to be peachy.

Who does the firmware for FoxOffer hardware? They're not generic are they?

I updated the firmware on that cam a while back with whatever the most recent FW file was in the other thread a couple of months back. Everything seems to be peachy.
May I know where you get the latest firmware?
The latest version add the G-sensor feature, so the firmware can not be used for the previous A118.
I have asked the manufacturer to provide a new firmware for the previous version, will be released soon.

That firmware is from dashcamtalk.
How people will know which camera is with G-Sensor module and which not?

enjoy,
Mtz

Back