B40 - LED Record Light Blinking and Solid During Drive

Duncaroos

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everyone.

I just bought my first dashcam recently which is the B40 camera. Everything appears well so far, but I'm coming across a weird issue.

During my daily commute, the dash Cam starts up, records and turns off like normal. The strange thing is that there are times where the camera's exterior LED Record Light will go from Blinking to Solid which I believe indicates that it has stopped recording.

However, when I turn on the display screen the red circle recording icon is Blinking on the screen and the timer on the top right of the screen is 00:00:00 (doesn't progress). So it's a bit confusing to have a solid LED recording light with a Blinking recording symbol on the display screen.

Is this normal? Is this the camera's looping function? I saw a thread last year that was started with the exact same issue, but the original author did not provide feedback on if they solved the issue. Link below:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/recording-questions.6841/

Any input is appreciated. Safe driving!

Duncaroos

So i turned off the motion detect and resolved the issue.

Is there a time I would want this on? Seems like a not so used feature since it does not have parking mode for recording while the vehicle is off.

Thanks for the replies!

Back