B40 professional install, which parts do I need?

clammydog

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Greetings all,

I just discovered this forum a few days ago and I must say how much I enjoy reading the reviews and information. It is truly appreciated.

I've decided to get the B40 dash camera but I have some questions regarding installation.

My local Toyota dealer can arrange to have the B40 professionally installed for $75. I will have to supply the hard wire harness. Since I don't feel comfortable with messing around with my vehicle's electrical system I think this is a reasonable price. My question is which wire harness should I get? Are some better than others? Also I want to confirm that I'm looking for a harness with a 12v to 5v 'mini-usb' connector.

Another question I have is regarding the micro sd card. Is there a preferred make? I read that Sandisk cards should be avoided.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks for all your help.
Mike

here's the one i bought to hardwire it into my wife's 2008 toyota sienna van. https://www.ebay.com/itm/191206688810
there are cheaper ones, but i got that one because it's a US seller so i didn't have to wait for it to ride the slow boat from china. i tied into the key-switched power feeding the little trip-computer in the overhead console.

Back