B4K Boot loop error after FW update

djclear

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I believe there may have been an issue while attempting to update to BlueSkySea B4K firmware version 20210201_V009, Once the card was loaded with the BIN in the root directory,
The unit wont boot correctly. When the power is turned on, rather than the BlueSkySea logo, the screen is all scrambled then it clears up to a grayish colored screen. It would then have 4 beeps every 17-18secs. Has anyone else had a similar issue and is there a way to resolve it? Thank you in advance.

rather than the BlueSkySea logo, the screen is all scrambled then it clears up to a grayish colored screen
You should load the wrong firmware! Tell me your order purchase date, and I will send you the correct firmware to solve it!

It is a new batch with a different monitor driver! Please check your inbox message later to get the correct firmware download link!

Check your inbox message! Sent you this V012 firmware download link already!

Last edited:
It is a new batch with a different monitor driver! Please check your inbox message later to get the correct firmware download link!

Check your inbox message! Sent you this V012 firmware download link already!
Hi, I just bought the B4K dash cam and it came with V012 firmware. Great camera, like it so far. Crystal clear picture with the IMX415 8MP Sensor

There is a menu option called Number and it asks for Number Plate with Yes/No Option. If I say Yes it asks for License plate #. What is this feature? I could not find any explanation in the manual.

One more question: I would like to move the camera between cars: Can I buy an additional GPS receiver or if a suction mount that can also include the provided GPS I am open to it also. Please let me know

Welcome to the forum tjain21.
All cameras have a option to enter the plate number of the car the camera is installed in, but it is extremely rare i have seen that in use, you can just lave it blank.
I think it will be no problem having a extra mount / GPS antenna so you can move camera between a couple of cars, i will highlight estore for you so they see your MSG as soon as they log on.
@estore009

Welcome to the forum tjain21.
All cameras have a option to enter the plate number of the car the camera is installed in, but it is extremely rare i have seen that in use, you can just lave it blank.
I think it will be no problem having a extra mount / GPS antenna so you can move camera between a couple of cars, i will highlight estore for you so they see your MSG as soon as they log on.
@estore009
Thank you for the quick response @kamkar

One more question: I would like to move the camera between cars: Can I buy an additional GPS receiver or if a suction mount that can also include the provided GPS I am open to it also. Please let me know
Yes, an optional GPS mount is available! You can DM me your order number and shipping address!

Installed the camera yesterday and the 4 K 30 fps video quality is much better than the old 1080 P HP camera. I am able to decipher license plates during day time. Will post some video later

Attachments

• IMG_3712.jpg
    IMG_3712.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3715.jpg
    IMG_3715.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3720.jpg
    IMG_3720.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 7
Back