b4k camera does not show speed and gps even enabled in menu

marcosmaria

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Friends, I have a small problem with the b4k camera (firmware 009) regarding the registration of the vehicle's speed and gps coordinates, even if these two functions are enabled in the menu, sometimes these data appear in the videos, sometimes not! first time I use this dashcam from this brand I was surprised, since the other one I had (70mai pro) didn't have this problem, can anyone help to solve this?

Attachments

• Capturar1.jpg
    Capturar1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Capturar.jpg
    Capturar.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 5
I believe I might have a similar problem.

I checked the video footage from my B4K 2-channel dashcam last week. My B4K has firmware V015 installed. I found that the GPS speed and LAT/LON info was very sluggish to update. I have a VIOFO A119S in that same vehicle and it reported speed info that was in sync with the activity of the vehicle and the LAT/LON values looked okay. I located video footage from 09-Jan-2022 when I had the B4K installed with no rear camera and firmware V009 and the GPS data was sluggish to update in the video from that configuration as well.

I just drove that same vehicle this morning, I found the B4K footage always had "000MPH" with no LAT/LON values. The VIOFO A119S video showed the correct speed and LAT/LON values.

I reported this issue to Blueskysea last Sunday. I updated my report info with the findings from today's trip.

I have confirmed that my B4K front camera unit was fully pressed onto the windshield GPS mount. In case it matters, my B4K is powered with the B4K hardwiring power adapter.

rcg530,what is the most current version of the bk4 firmware and where can I safely download it?​

rcg530,what is the most current version of the bk4 firmware and where can I safely download it?​

@estore009 has stated that owners of the B4K dashcam should email support@blueskysea-inc.com to get a link to download the appropriate firmware file for their B4K.

There are two versions of the B4K dashcam. There are some screen driver differences in the early units compared the later units. Since you're running V009, I believe the latest is V015 for that version of the B4k, but it's best to let BSS support provide that answer.

Friends, I have a small problem with the b4k camera (firmware 009) regarding the registration of the vehicle's speed and gps coordinates, even if these two functions are enabled in the menu, sometimes these data appear in the videos, sometimes not!
Send us raw footage by email please! We will have a look at it and back to you via email!

Back