B4k size vs B1w

JDtime

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo Mini, Viofo WM1, Blueskysea b1w, Vantrue X1
Can anyone who owns the b4k and the b1w take a side by side photo? I am trying to see a size comparison of the two side by side.

Length and depth are the same, height is about 50% extra, but the mount holds it further from the glass so it sort of takes more space.

Length and depth are the same, height is about 50% extra, but the mount holds it further from the glass so it sort of takes more space.
Thank you. That gives me a better idea.

Thank you. That gives me a better idea.
They actually look quite similar, but the mount is very different, the B1W mount makes it nice for mounting just about anywhere, including on side windows, the B4K is really only suitable for traditional windscreen mounting on a sloping windscreen.

They actually look quite similar, but the mount is very different, the B1W mount makes it nice for mounting just about anywhere, including on side windows, the B4K is really only suitable for traditional windscreen mounting on a sloping windscreen.
Yeah, I like the small size of the b1w and the mount. It sits closer to the window and blends in a bit more. I also remove my b1w from my car everyday. Not sure how sturdy the b4k mount is. Since the b4w sits a bit further away from the window do you notice any more glare from the window in the vids vs the b1w?

Not sure how sturdy the b4k mount is.
It is pretty good, but it takes a little force to take it off/on, not as easy as the B1W, and it seems to be held by friction rather than clipping in.
There are contacts on the base because the GPS is in there, the power still plugs into the camera though. Not sure I would want to demount it every day, but I've no reason to think it wouldn't survive.

Since the b4w sits a bit further away from the window do you notice any more glare from the window in the vids vs the b1w?
No, only difference is that the raindrops are more in focus so more noticable, and if you have heater wires in your windscreen, they may be a bit more noticable too. It is a lot closer to the glass than a typical suction cup mount, just not B1W close.

Thank you Nigel. You have been very helpful.

TBH smaller then i originally had envisioned.

TBH smaller then i originally had envisioned.
The B4K mount has GPS in it and does add to the size somewhat because of that but it's still a fairly small package overall. There are smaller cams, but not giving true 4K at this price. You don't get what you don't pay for but this cam gives you a lot for your money, and at a low price too ;)

Phil

The B4K mount has GPS in it and does add to the size somewhat because of that but it's still a fairly small package overall. There are smaller cams, but not giving true 4K at this price. You don't get what you don't pay for but this cam gives you a lot for your money, and at a low price too ;)

Phil
love to see these two camera mounted to see difference from the outside :)

B4K is really only suitable for traditional windscreen mounting on a sloping windscreen.
Oh dear, I was thinking of replacing my B1W which is mounted on the back with B4K, but after having a closer look I have realized that probably it will not fit... I'm driving a minivan (VW Sharan), so the back door window has minimal angle.
Given the size of the lens on B4K and it's mount, I doubt it will fit...
Anyway, let's see what can be done, arriving next week.

My rear cameras are mounted off the hatch frame, i use magnets to space them out as otherwise the cameras back there will not be low enough to film thru the glass.

Drive a little 5 door hatchback Suzuki, and use other cameras from 2 - 3 channel systems.

mounted off the hatch frame, i use magnets to space them out
If you could make some photos of you setup - would appreciate that.
I'm afraid Sharan is much worse in regards with the back window angle

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 8
You can try to mount it on a wedge shaped piece of plastic. It will solve the problem, but when I've tried that in the past I get an unacceptable amount of vibration, I think just because of having two sticky pads. Maybe with the right adhesive it can be OK.

I drive a suzuki splash, the rear window are vertical or just a few degrees from it, your VW are sloped compared to mine :)

suzukisplash-2.jpg

There are a couple of pictures of a rear camera installed in this post ( just 1 camera back then )
There are no plastic trim around the window in this cheap car, so i can use magnet ( neodymium ) as a spacer and directly onto the metal of the frame

Last edited:
Back