B4K

snakecam42

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, thanks for all your help. It was determined that the shipping company caused issues.

Last edited:
What power sources are you trying? If the power sources are not sufficient it might not be booting up properly. I assume you tried the USB adapter that came with it?

Sometimes reflashing firmware fixes problems like this but I don't see a firmware download on their website.

Have you tried the reset function?

Power to the cam, then using a straightened paper clip or similar, insert it into the hole marked "Reset" on the bottom of then cam and push in- you should feel a click. Hold the reset switch in for 15 seconds then release. Unpower then repower the cam.

If after that you're getting the same issue, unpower the cam, remove the sd card, then repower the cam and see what those results are.

These steps may solve the problem but will at least help with diagnostics if they don't.

Phil

Have you tried the reset function?

Power to the cam, then using a straightened paper clip or similar, insert it into the hole marked "Reset" on the bottom of then cam and push in- you should feel a click. Hold the reset switch in for 15 seconds then release. Unpower then repower the cam.

If after that you're getting the same issue, unpower the cam, remove the sd card, then repower the cam and see what those results are.

These steps may solve the problem but will at least help with diagnostics if they don't.

Phil
As Phil said, the reset button might not do anything if you just press it shortly. Hold it down for 15 seconds.

Did a quick look-around and can't find any B4K FW. The official site did have a link to the updated V009 FW listed, but it had some bugs and was apparently pulled. I guess someone forgot to put the V008 FW back when they did that. Vicky has PM'ed the V008 to other members so that will happen here if it's needed I'm sure.

This seems like a card-related issue which was what the V009 bug was affecting, so my guess is that this cam may have shipped with the V009 FW and if I'm right reflashing to V008 will fix it.

Phil

Just got the B4K, and right out of the box it will start up normally, but then freeze and shut down after about 10-60 seconds. Multiple power supplies, multiple microSd cards, multiple resets, all with the same result. Any ideas? Anyone seen this before?
Looks like its screen was faulty or the wrong firmware!
Could you tell me the firmware version on your dash camera?

Yes I am using the original power adapter
Should be okay with our supplied power adapter!
The reset seems to prolong the operation of the camera to 2-3min, but then the same issue crops up
Try it again without plugging a memory card! I need to know if it was a card-related problem! If it happens again, it should be a faulty dash camera, need to replace it!
Currently running V008. I'm thinking bad internal ram?
No problem with this firmware! Should be a loosened FPV inside the camera unit I think! Need to replace you with a new dash camera!

Hey estore009,
I tried it without the memory card. Same issue (frozen yellow screen and then shutdown), but it took alot longer to show up (~5min). I think you're right, something got bumped loose during shipping. Will work on getting this fixed. Thanks everyone!
DM me your shipping address. I will send you a new camera unit!

Back