Baby nearly got killed

Mozzie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A119, B1W, A119S, A129+ Duo
I managed to stop in time when I saw the pram was actually in my path.

bb.jpg

You seem a little too happy about that :unsure:

I got off a bus many, many years ago and a lady with a pram got off behind me and as I was walking away with the bus and the road behind me I heard an almighty tyre screech, and the lady had decided to cross in front of the bus she just got off, into the path of a car that was passing the bus, on a 30mph (but not very wide) road, I turned to see the car stop JUST in time with inches to spare as her pram was directly in front of the car, she'd just frozen where she was, no attempt to pull back out of the way. Things could have been so different. That road is now a 20mph road with speedbumps.

I totally dont understand why people dont take more care of what must be the greatest "gift" a person can ever get.
People like me flying solo and dont have such things, well we can be as stupid as we like, should one choose so of course.

I totally dont understand why people dont take more care of what must be the greatest "gift" a person can ever get.

It's the same when a 4 door car pulls up at the side of the road and the parent gets out to get baby out of the child seat in the back, but instead of doing it pavement side, they use the door that's in the road with cars passing by at 30-40mph, and they lift the child out and back away from the car without even looking if there's room to do it safely (like there would be if they did it on the pavement side!)

I had to watch the video just to see what the heck a pram was. Never heard it called that before.

I mentioned this before, I work around a school and the most reckless drivers around there are the ones loading and unloading kids. There has been videos on the news with drivers nearly hitting kids around buses. Hey, if they don't care about other peoples kids, do you think they would care about their own

Some people shouldn't have kids or pets.

I had to watch the video just to see what the heck a pram was. Never heard it called that before.
Yep - I was also confused about what a pram was, hahaha.
:LOL:

Damn i thought that was a US term for one of those, stroller then i guess,,,, but then whats the bigger ones where the child lie down called ( see this never been a field where i used my english skills so i actually dont know )

We Danes call them " barnevogn" which translate directly to childwagon :giggle:

Here is another mind bender then, Danish parents will leave one of those with kid in it on the sidewalk as they go shopping for a half hour or more, and thats actually pretty normal here.
Where as if a Dane visiting the US or moved there do the same, its child neglect and all hell come loose.

And i cant even recall if there was ever a kidnapping aside for one case that was like the rage around the time i was bourne in the 60ties.

Yeah, we just call them strollers - maybe there's baby stroller champions out there who know all about this stroller sub-styles but I'll stick to stroller haha.

Leaving your baby alone outside while shopping seems like a sure way to get the child removed from your custody.
You must live in a trustworthy place lol

Some of the former British colonies use the term. Some don't. My Sri Lankan wife speaks, writes and acts more British from time to time than us British descendants do. She pronounces some words the same as my Scottish father. She calls a "barnevogn" a pram and I call it a stroller.

hehe true we are almost off the chart.
1510B40-europe-trusting-nations-denmark-finland-norway.png

http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/denmark/

Just dont ask me why it is this way here, if it was true i am sure i would have more than 1 friend, but it seem like my idea of friendship ( too ) are much different from the general Danes.
I trust nobody, and to protect myself i think every single human on this earth are a idiot, until something else is proven, and if thats the case i am wide open for getting more friends.

Damn, picking on the French again !

Different countries, different terms.

We call the baby ones (laying down) prams and the ones for small children (sitting upright) strollers.

(from Google universe)
A pram is a short form for the word Perambulator. It is a wheeled carrier for baby. It is so designed so that the baby can sleep in it if needed.
Strollers, in contrast, let the kid sit upright. The baby carriage is called Buggy in some regions. There are several means of protecting your baby stay in the sitting position in the form of harness, safety belts, and crotch straps

We call the baby ones (laying down) prams and the ones for small children (sitting upright) strollers.

So technical. o_O

If we see a baby in it and want to be specific, we might say "baby stroller". Other than that, they're just called "strollers" on this side of the pond.

I kind of like "pram" though. I'm gonna start using it now so everyone can look at me and say, "huh?" Then I can tell them to "bugger off!"

I think if we all really hit the streets over here we can really get the term perambulator rolling.

Back