Back in the market - what's best?

xreyuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DoD F520, Mobius ActionCam.
I'm after a new camera, cost isn't much of an option, just best video quality.

Is the mobius still king? I have one from about 6 months ago in my other car, so has the hardware changed on it? I.e would it be worth getting another mobius that's had updated hardware?

Or is there something better out there now?

Thanks!

The TF2+ Premium, PanoramaII
This.

Best Budget cam G1W
Best Mid range with GPS and screen will hopefully turn out to be the new Vico Marcus 1 when released and best high end without GPS is the Vico TF2 and WF1

I'm after a new camera, cost isn't much of an option, just best video quality.

Is the mobius still king? I have one from about 6 months ago in my other car, so has the hardware changed on it? I.e would it be worth getting another mobius that's had updated hardware?

Or is there something better out there now?

Thanks!
At that price, nothing beats it, though a couple have tried. As mentioned for a little less with a screen the G1W is a nice camera. The mini 0801 is soon to be updated, yet at the moment reliability is an issue.

As mentioned for more money the new Marcus-1, 3 and 5 should be really good cameras. Let's not forget the upcoming GuardTrak GT2S which should be definitely worth waiting for.

Thanks guys.

The Marcus models look very interesting, and I know VicoVation has a good reputation.

The GuardTrak looks good too, especially as it's Jokiin, and I know he's well regarded on here, and I've spoken to him before.

Should I be waiting for either the Marcus or GuardTrak models, or do you not think they'll be worth the upgrade from the TF2+ or Panorama II?

I don't mind paying fairly big bucks for a camera, but will want it to be worth the money.

Thanks guys.

The Marcus models look very interesting, and I know VicoVation has a good reputation.

The GuardTrak looks good too, especially as it's Jokiin, and I know he's well regarded on here, and I've spoken to him before.

Should I be waiting for either the Marcus or GuardTrak models, or do you not think they'll be worth the upgrade from the TF2+ or Panorama II?

I don't mind paying fairly big bucks for a camera, but will want it to be worth the money.
The Marcus vs TF2+: I would say is size and GPS. The Marcus is smaller that the TF2+ and has a GPS Module even if it's not the most well integrated. Also you have a ND filter attachment. So little improvements.

The GuardTrak is worth the wait because of the time Jokiin spent listening to users on many forums. It should have all that anyone could ask for in a dash cam. Expect it to be quality and Jokiin to improve and stand by it. That isn't something you see everyday in Chinese dash cams. After sales support is often a crap shoot. For me the size, quality and warranty are big selling points.

Hmm, seems I will have a decision to make :p

I'm quite impressed w/ my Finevu pro's video quality. It's on the higher end price wise, so it might fit u'r needs. Don't see them mentioned here much (other then by myself). See my main thread if u'r interested....2 finevu pros + 4 cars....

im a blackvue defector, they lost me as a customer, guardtrak for me for my next camera, cant wait for its release.

I had the same dilemma. Finally got tired of waiting and drooling over their specs. So this morning, ordered a Gt680w Black No Logo. Just back in stock at Fox offer. Should tide me over until Jokiin releases his much awaited Guardtrak models, and I can pick one of them up.

Back