Bad Date/Time Stamp

Gary Edstrom

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had my camera for over 3 years now. Recently, on 3 different occasions, the camera has recorded a phony date/time stamp. The problem seems to persist until the next time that the camera power is cycled. In every case, the date/time stamp resets itself to 4/1/2017 2:19pm. Has anyone else seen anything like this? What is so magic about that particular date & time?

The camera has an internal battery to maintain the date/time, and that battery is now dead. There are notes on how to dismantle the camera to replace the battery, but it requires a bit of skill and is not for the feint of heart.

The camera has an internal battery to maintain the date/time, and that battery is now dead. There are notes on how to dismantle the camera to replace the battery, but it requires a bit of skill and is not for the feint of heart.
Thanks for the information! I will look into it. I would be curious, however, how it restores itself to the correct date & time after power-cycling the camera. As I said, it has only been in the last 6 months that I have seen the problem, and it has only occurred 3 times so far. For now, I will simply check it via WiFi whenever I know it has been power-cycled to insure that it is using the correct time. As far as changing the battery, I am a life-long technical geek and such tasks don't bother me.

Thanks Again...Gary

I don't own your particular model, but if it has a GPS it may (eventually) reset the time from that. When I had a similar problem with my 650S (which has a GPS but eventually died from other causes), the clock would go off but only reset to GPS time on a reboot and not afterwards.

Back