Bad Drivers in RDU

spaceballsrules

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
AGPtek GD26 > F70/i1000 > FineVu CR2000G > Mini 0906
My own personal compilation of close calls and mildly interesting footage taken in and around the Raleigh-Durham area. I used my F70/DVR232 to make these captures.I hope you enjoy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the thing that you have two dash cams in your car. Some things are so much better to see if there are two cams. The part at 1:39 is pretty sad because he obviously made a mistake and he's acting like you did something wrong that makes me sad and I thought this would be a typcial thing of german drivers that only happend here :-/

PS: You should deal with it that there are people driving those cars and all people are doing mistakes. And I'm sure you as well it's anoying when there is a driver doing something wrong and you push the horn for like 1 minute that's way too agressive for that what happend. And there are too much f*cks in this video to me as a german it sounds like Tony Soprano is driving the car and he's mad at everybody :mrgreen:

A saying in our driving schools is "expect mistakes from other drivers" and then hit the breaks try to avoid the accident and everything is good. Just my opinion ;)

I rememr there was. A topic of using a dash cam called am I sad well I'd say you are :)

In UK, outside lanes are supposed to be for overtaking only - we do get loads of lane hoggers slowing things down & causing congestion so the law is deciding to fine lane hoggers - if you're not overtaking, get into lane 1.

Is there nothing similar in USA? - noticing the car at 0.39s "f'kin stupid". YOU are clearly overtaking in middle lane, but shouldn't the slower car get out of the way?
Ironically, even if you were driving at the limit, the fact that you are overtaking cars either side means plod would pull you for 'undertaking'.

Pretty much get the same thing over here - morons in the wrong lane deciding to change at the last second without checking their mirrors, morons driving through red lights, morons ignoring red filter lights & my real pet hate - d!ckheads pulling out af a side road who decide to stick their whole front end in the bus lane - right in front of me :x

Is it sad to upload these vids?
I would say not - if we can educate just a handful of people as to how NOT to drive...

And the driver at 1:18. I get that a lot - you sound your horn purely to stop their car hitting yours & yet they seem to feel that YOU should somehow be reading their mind to know what they are going to do in advance!
She KNEW she wanted to go straight ahead, the lane markings were very clear before she even got to them - yet chose that moment to pull over without checking.

Anger issues? :?

flank said:
Anger issues? :?
Only when people do things that make me angry. Please keep in mind that these are just little snippets, and I am normally very calm. It's when people put my property and life at risk that I become angered like this.

sludgeguts said:
In UK, outside lanes are supposed to be for overtaking only - we do get loads of lane hoggers slowing things down & causing congestion so the law is deciding to fine lane hoggers - if you're not overtaking, get into lane 1.

Is there nothing similar in USA? - noticing the car at 0.39s "f'kin stupid". YOU are clearly overtaking in middle lane, but shouldn't the slower car get out of the way?
Ironically, even if you were driving at the limit, the fact that you are overtaking cars either side means plod would pull you for 'undertaking'.
US Highway Patrol does not enforce slower traffic to move over, nor do they enforce any "undertaking" laws either. Same goes for most police force in cities as well, they do not enforce slow mover traffic to either speed up or get off the road.

I have taken the UK as well as the German route towards getting traffic to move over, let them know they need to move, NOW. MANY people in the US do not seem to understand that they are not only inhibiting traffic flow but also posing a danger towards themselves and others by driving the way they do.

Also, once I get more videos out after September, you'll understand very quickly that this bloke (spaceballsrules) is not an agressive driver, not by U.S. standard anyway. He is very calm; at least to me he is.

Back