Bad experience with GT300W from Foxoffer.

reptar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchesed a TioTech GT300W from Foxoffer and it arrived 3 days ago. I may be trying to return it because of some major issues.

First the battery has never worked. It doesn't matter how long I charge it. The cam still works when powered but it's very annoying. Here's a video after at least 10 hours of charging. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bMbRnNyuoU

Second issue is the micro-sd slot. When I inserted the card it fit snuggly but did not have a springy click like most SD card slots. I removed it and reinserted it all the way several times to make sure it was in right. I thought this was odd but the card was staying in securely and worked fine. After three days of testing in my car the SD card was forcefully ejected while I was driving, flew about 3 feet, and is now lost inside the dash of my car. I'm not happy about that.

Minor issue: The mount is way too large and there is no way to discreetly mount it in a car. I'd have to buy a much smaller mount or make my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try seating the mem card using the tip of a ball point pen. Worked for me on the LS400W. Other than that I feel these DOD units are well :evil:

reptar said:
I purchesed a TioTech GT300W from Foxoffer and it arrived 3 days ago. I may be trying to return it because of some major issues.

First the battery has never worked. It doesn't matter how long I charge it. The cam still works when powered but it's very annoying. Here's a video after at least 10 hours of charging. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bMbRnNyuoU

Second issue is the micro-sd slot. When I inserted the card it fit snuggly but did not have a springy click like most SD card slots. I removed it and reinserted it all the way several times to make sure it was in right. I thought this was odd but the card was staying in securely and worked fine. After three days of testing in my car the SD card was forcefully ejected while I was driving, flew about 3 feet, and is now lost inside the dash of my car. I'm not happy about that.

Minor issue: The mount is way too large and there is no way to discreetly mount it in a car. I'd have to buy a much smaller mount or make my own.

you can return it to foxoffer.. they should give you a new one..

I also started to have battery issues with my GT300W posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2020
Is your Mini USB connection loose by any chance when you insert the cable?
The Micro USB card slot is a problem if it's not aligned right at the manufacturing stage.
There are a number of smaller 3M type mounts you can use that are available on eBay.
I mounted mine using one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1lnb1wypv0dm ... .12.09.jpg
I am going through the return process right now actually. Good luck.

you already kicking in and don´t even tried the rma.

Gurkha9 said:
I also started to have battery issues with my GT300W posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2020
Is your Mini USB connection loose by any chance when you insert the cable?
The Micro USB card slot is a problem if it's not aligned right at the manufacturing stage.
There are a number of smaller 3M type mounts you can use that are available on eBay.
I mounted mine using one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1lnb1wypv0dm ... .12.09.jpg
I am going through the return process right now actually. Good luck.

USB slot is not loose and I've tested with three different cables.

I'll definitely research the eBay mounts, they look like the best option.

Can you explain how the return is working out and what your shipping fees are?

reptar said:

FoxOffer emailed me the address to send it back to and I will find out tonight about the shipping fees via regular post with tracking # as they requested.
Edit: Shipping cost was $46 and change with tracking #. Now the wait begins, in the mean time the Mobius takes over up front!

Gurkha9 said:
reptar said:

FoxOffer emailed me the address to send it back to and I will find out tonight about the shipping fees via regular post with tracking # as they requested.
Edit: Shipping cost was $46 and change with tracking #. Now the wait begins, in the mean time the Mobius takes over up front!

That is very high shipping :-(
I've emailed foxoffer to get a return started. If I can get a refund I don't think I'll risk getting a GT300W again even tho I like the video quality. Something more concealable like the Mobius sounds promising.

reptar said:
Something more concealable like the Mobius sounds promising.

The Mobius is a very well supported camera, with regular Firmware updates that are easy to get unlike anything from DOD. :eek:
Image quality is in the ballpark of GT300W/LS300W even at night. For the price it is very hard to beat at the moment.

Back