Bad merge UK.

Well that's interesting, but the dashcammer needs to learn to not tailgate :eek: Less than a second between cars in most of this clip, and staying right beside the middle of an HGV which could wipe them out if it entered the right lane in response to a problem. Traffic laws do not prevent crashes; safe driving practices do. Always aim for best safety ;)

Phil

Yeah trucks i always do my best to get past quickly, and if i cant i prefer to stay out back there i am more easy to see in the mirrors.

I assume it is due to rad works the cars are not moving faster than the truck, otherwise that situation would be infuriating.

The camers driving was pretty aweful, I personally would never drive in the blind spot of any vehicle never mind a heavy goods vehicle.

The general state of driving in the uk has over the last few years taken a complete nose dive, impatience being the main problem.

I guess that car came down the slip road and tried to overtake the truck on the wrong side, the truck driver probably didn't see it until too late?

The camers driving was pretty aweful, I personally would never drive in the blind spot of any vehicle never mind a heavy goods vehicle.
It is pretty normal for people to be in the blind spot of trucks when in road works, it was illegal for the truck to move into the right lane, even if it had been empty.

I guess that car came down the slip road and tried to overtake the truck on the wrong side, the truck driver probably didn't see it until too late?

It is pretty normal for people to be in the blind spot of trucks when in road works, it was illegal for the truck to move into the right lane, even if it had been empty.

Legal or not I wouldn't have wanted to be there. Either stay back, overtake, or change lanes and stay behind them (at a safe distance ;) )

The general state of driving in the uk has over the last few years taken a complete nose dive, impatience being the main problem.

Not just there sadly- seems like everyone everywhere now sees driving like a race track where the idea is to go as quickly as you can hoping you don't crash in the process. No priority to drive calmly and safely anymore :(

Phil

Back