Bad quality and static in 1440p 1080p also not great

Steve38

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There I have actually had this camera for over a year and never had to check the footage, yesterday I thought I would take a look at some files and the quality is terrible in 1440p at night there's a bunch of white static and really blurry.
I also had the 412 which is in my wife's car since I bought this camera as the quality on that cam was more than suitable for 1080p and never had an issue with it I figured the same would be so for the 512gw hence why I haven't looked at the files till yesterday.

Id like to know if there's anything that can be done I have the receipt purchased from halfords, the 1080p 60 mode is better but still not great I bought it for the 1440p for higher quality I will provide some screenshots,

Thanks in advance.

In Traffic 1080p 60

in traffic 1440p

Night time 1440p

Attachments

• standstill 1440p 035_HI_2249.png
    standstill 1440p 035_HI_2249.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • standstill 1440p static & bad quality in dark _001_HI_5189.png
    standstill 1440p static & bad quality in dark _001_HI_5189.png
    711.3 KB · Views: 6
focus looks to be slightly off, assuming nothing else that can give this effect, dirty lens, window etc, you can easily check those

Lens was wiped before taking daylight footage, the night shot was yesterday night, have formatted the SD card also should mention camera is on latest available firmware updates.
I might try getting a couple of clips together and put on youtube the night footage in 1440p is the worst as there is white static and as see in 1440p shot in OP that the quality is far worse then 1080p

Thanks for the reply.

Above is a 1080p 60 just started getting dark here car on drive at standstill taking cam out of car look at the sky in 1080p @ full screen preferably on a pc / laptop you can see the static also look at the pixilation over whole image the car to left is a complete blur on the number plate and the bins in front of my car, I may just have to buy a new cam and unfortunately I may have to go to a different brand as this sort of footage would be of no use in an accident.

The whole lot looked badly out of focus to me. That is until you started waving the cam around.

The whole lot looked badly out of focus to me. That is until you started waving the cam around.
Yea I was taking cam out of car it is placed behind my rear view mirror and I cant access the record button sorry about that.

What's confusing me is the positioning of the on screen text. First picture shows 3 lots with the GPS position in the centre. The second 2 photos have no GPS and the time/date almost in the middle and looks like a smaller font.

What's confusing me is the positioning of the on screen text. First picture shows 3 lots with the GPS position in the centre. The second 2 photos have no GPS and the time/date almost in the middle and looks like a smaller font.
the night picture was on the original firmware upgraded that night after taking out of car r22.5 think was upgraded firmware as for GPS co-ordinates I don't think it had connected to gps yet.

After seeing your comment I have 3 video files from last night where I was on my drive and each file the text changes in size and placement very weird behaviour :unsure:

Clip 1 not connected to GPS yet.

Clip 1 Connected to GPS

2nd Clip text smaller and moved

3rd clip same as 2 changed size and moved again

text size may change depending on 1440p or 1080p, the location may change if there's no coordinates if they have coded the positions based on space between them rather than hard coded their positions, can be done either way in the firmware

Does anyone happen to know how long the warrantee / guarantee is on nextbase products I'm guessing I may just have to purchase new cam as I bought this one December 2017.

I may just have to email nextbase and go from there I'm off work this week but need a cam for travelling to work as travel around a 1000 miles each month to and from work

I had this same issue (blurring on the left side of my screen) and they confirmed it was a focusing issue and replaced it

Back