Bad Video Quality

Akusho

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hello!
Can you guys help me improve my video quality? Here's a sample:
With the sunlight + dash reflections it's almost impossible to see even number plates. Youtube compression doesn't help.

Last edited:
Depending on which cam you have if you can fit a polarising filter this will when adjusted take out 90+% of this glare and make colours much brighter, if your cam is such a design that you cannot fit another lens(polarising filter)in front of existing one then you can buy polarising sheet, this is two really thin sheets that when "rotated" relative to each other do the same as the filter.

Are there multiple revisions of 0805?
Also, fitting a polarizer will effectively halve the amount of light that enters the sensor. Will it not screw with night time recording?

If your night time video quality is bad at the moment does it matter if it makes your daytime so much better by adding filter ?

try to turn down EV in setting menu.

This is at -0.7 and highest 16:9 resolution:

Still grainy AF. I'll try to find a polarizing plate and see if it helps. I didn't even realize the quality was so bad, I've had this cam for close to a year now...

This is at -0.7 and highest 16:9 resolution:

Still grainy AF. I'll try to find a polarizing plate and see if it helps. I didn't even realize the quality was so bad, I've had this cam for close to a year now...
how about -1.0 ? or even -1.3 ?

Will try - 1.3 later today.

No apparent difference with -1.3:

The dull colours will in my experience brighten up with a filter but it is grainy, not sure what cam it is but some of the better ones the quality really is HD clear

It's a bit less than a year old, and by then the 0805 was already out for almost 2 years iirc, so it should be one of the later ones. Bummer.

Back