Basic questions on uploading to YouTube

isdoo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have various .MOV and associated .NMEA files created with my Marcus 3

I would like to edit & upload some of these to YouTube.

What software do people use?

Do people tend to run them at real time - or speeded up?

Any tips to get started? I have never uploaded one of my own videos before, so very green on all editing / uploading etc.

I would also like to overlay music as I do not really want my own voice to be heard! Any suggestions where to get music etc. / and what software to use again to overlay?

Thanks.

I honestly just upload mine raw, I wouldn't mind learning about editing video myself LOL

Thanks. However at the very least I need to overlay music or remove the sound.

Freemake Video Converter is very easy to use and has good compression whist retaining quality. You can do very basic editing such as trimming and joining multiple clips into one export with just one click. You can disable audio output in the export also.

Quick and easy to quickly covert to MP4 and you can either set the bitrates etc yourself or simply type in how big a file size you want it to be.

Brilliant for exporting for HTML5 Video also. Can also rip youtube videos.

Did I mention it was free?

Thanks. However at the very least I need to overlay music or remove the sound.
I think YouTube itself can do that. Though if you add a music track it has to be one of theirs?

Thanks all - will investigate further

I just cut the file down to size using movie maker or registrator viewer, and then if i forgot to disable microfone on camera i mute the sound track.

I kill the sound cuz in general ppl dont need to hear me letting off steam, not least since i do that in english and other major languages though i am Danish.
And offcourse youtube trow a copyright fit if i have any music going in the background,

Some times if i have made a lenghty compilation of clips i add some of the free music youtube have to offer. ( you can allways do that after you uploaded your video )

Back