Batteries

Sean Nugent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my thread titled LK-570 and Voltage Dropoff and my suspicion that my Lukas LK-570 is probably knackered.

I have read through several threads about battery banks - but most of those threads are old and the mentioned products no longer available.

I could buy another Lukas / Celllink as an replacement, but I got to thinking about alternatives. This is the simpler solution
One alternative is a battery bank - however (AIUI) most battery banks will charge OR discharge which makes this a non-starter for me.
The second alternative is a smallish LiFePO4 battery (an example list - I have no association to them: https://www.allbatteries.co.uk/battery-technology/lithium-iron-phosphate-battery-lifepo4.html ) Also Alliexpress
Some of the smaller ones might fit somewhere in the car (my main battery is in the rear - so there is some space there)
I imagine that charging might be an issue with the LiFePO4 not reacting well to the car trying to charge it - maybe a BMS (of some kind) will sort this issue.

Thoughts?

Sean

Back