Battery backup

jmdlcar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Maxi, Mobius 2
Can I use something like this for a battery backup for my Mobius 2? Here is the link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/142661737977 I know I would have to put the right plug for the Mobius 2.

Last edited:
Can I use something like this for a battery backup for my Mobius 2?

Yes, that will work. You can use any powerbank with a USB-A socket to provide power to a Mobius with a mini-USB cable.

A powerbank with more than one socket can power a camera and a phone, or more than one camera.

Well If it is I will buy another for my Smartphone. If it wasn't for my son buying me a eBay gift card.

I receive ma PowerAdd Slim2 today and I will test it.

Well I charge my Mobius 2 and I charge my Smartphone 2 times. Now I am charging my PowerAdd Slim2 back up. I will be happy with it and it was a good investment.

Last edited:
Every time I want to use my Mobius 2 I have to charge for about 30min dose that mean it going to need a new battery? I bought it when it first came out and the battery never been changed and for 1 year never used and never charged. I have a new battery I got when I order the Mobius 2 and I never charge it.

I'm a little unclear about what you are saying in your post, but yes, a fresh battery sounds like it might be a good idea. Lithium-polymer batteries like the one that came with your M2 should be stored at about 50% charge. In regular use it's a good idea to keep lithium batteries topped off periodically, especially if the voltage drops to around 60% or so.

Being a "Mobius guy" for quite a few years now, I keep one or two fresh batteries on hand because you never know when one will crap out. The Mobi in my vehicle are running on super-caps which is another option you might consider if you use your M2 exclusively in your car. Then you can forget all about battery issues.

What I can do is charge it full and set it on a 1min loop and let it record until it shut down then I can check it on how many minute it last.

The super-caps I have will shut off and I don't save the recording.

I wish it had a button battery in side to keep the date and time when there is no power.

The super-caps should save the last file after the power is turned off and they should also keep the date & time for maybe a week, give or take. Not sure what's wrong but something doesn't sound right.

You said:

"The super-caps I have will shut off and I don't save the recording"

"I wish it had a button battery in side to keep the date and time when there is no power."

Both of those things should not be happening.

Charged up super-caps should keep the date & time for about a week and the last file after power is disconnected should be saved.

The super-caps made when they first came out for the Mobius and the one's made now are they the same?

What I can do is charge it full and set it on a 1min loop and let it record until it shut down then I can check it on how many minute it last.

The super-caps I have will shut off and I don't save the recording.

I wish it had a button battery in side to keep the date and time when there is no power.
If you run the camera on a capacitor until it shuts down then the capacitor will be completely drained, and not able to save the last recording or maintain the clock, as you have described.

I can't remember if the M2 has a power-off disconnect option in mSetup? If it does, then it should be set to immediate.

Well I charge my Mobius 2. I set it to 3 minute loop and I have 46-3 minute files and 1-1 minute file. I had it set to 1080p 30fps and files size were 368 to 380 MB. I don't know how many minute the 820mAh will get but it worth keeping for now.

I found the Spec on the Mobius 2 and total recording time was 120 minute. So the battery in the camera is still good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Mobius 2 / M2 0
Back