Battery Banks

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
I see you are marketing a lithium-polymer power bank with an LCD read-out. Can you tell us more about it?

Edit: For some context about this thread, the above question was originally asked in @jokiin's Trade shows thread after seeing a large poster for a unique looking external battery bank in a photo of the StreetGuardian booth at the Global Sources Fair in Shenzhen, China. The question generated much discussion about batteries to the point of dragging jokiins thread so far off topic that it was decided to migrate that discussion over here and begin a new thread. In fact, it became the catalyst for creating an entire new forum dedicated to batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really relevant to my question, exactly.

Edit: This post was originally in response to a comment from a poster who has since deleted it from this thread. It wasn't in reply to @jokiins thread above.

Last edited:
I'll get the spec for you later, I don't look after the battery products so not my area of expertise

Thanks. With all the discussion and interest on DCT about this class of products, I'm curious. I didn't know this was part of your line.

+1 Im interested as well in the powerbank...

Thanks. With all the discussion and interest on DCT about this class of products, I'm curious. I didn't know this was part of your line.

Actually we do a lot of different product but most of it doesn't really interest me, I'm a car guy so car related stuff is whet gets my interest so it's what I concentrate on, other staff look after the boring stuff

Actually we do a lot of different product but most of it doesn't really interest me, I'm a car guy so car related stuff is whet gets my interest so it's what I concentrate on, other staff look after the boring stuff

Hey man, external battery banks are NOT boring!.....:p

Hey man, external battery banks are NOT boring!.....:p

they're certainly useful, I have maybe 10 or so different ones, I don't get into what chipset they use etc, we have a girl that has been doing the batteries for 10 years and she knows all that stuff

they're certainly useful, I have maybe 10 or so different ones, I don't get into what chipset they use etc, we have a girl that has been doing the batteries for 10 years and she knows all that stuff

I'll bet everyone participating in the various powerbank threads here on DCT would love to hear what she might have to say about these things. The nature of these products often leads to a lot of unanswered questions.

Last edited:
the only ones we do are with higher end solutions, Sanyo or Panasonic cells etc, they're not the type that sell on Aliexpress, eBay etc, we only list them at their true capacities so they're dearer than what a lot of buyers perceive to be equivalent, you get less orders that way but less dramas also

the only ones we do are with higher end solutions, Sanyo or Panasonic cells etc, they're not the type that sell on Aliexpress, eBay etc, we only list them at their true capacities so they're dearer than what a lot of buyers perceive to be equivalent, you get less orders that way but less dramas also

That sounds appealing. The problem with so many of these battery bank products, even the "name brand" ones is that you have no way of knowing what's inside them.The Sanyo and Panasonic 18650s are certainly the desired option.

I think the Ankers are LG cells? Not sure where they sit in the grand scheme but they've kept my phone charged all day while I've been on the beers :)

I think the Ankers are LG cells? Not sure where they sit in the grand scheme but they've kept my phone charged all day while I've been on the beers :)

LG 18650 Li-ion cells have an excellent reputation.

The Panasonic NCR18650 in different versions often get cited as the "best". Many well known aftermarket brands are really Panasonic 18650s in different wrappers the same way Sanyo Eneloop Ni-MHs get repackaged and sold under the Duracell name.

Last edited:
Also ROMOSS are good from what I know they use Samsung 18650 Li-ion.
I use multiple models from Romoss for past two years with zero problems with cells plus build quality is solid.

I bought a load of Eneloops from Costco a couple of weeks back - I've never seen them in any other retail store here in the UK!

sanyo eneloops are in all of my rechargeable products, from camera accessories to audio accessories to my mice i use for the computers here at my home.

sanyo eneloops are in all of my rechargeable products, from camera accessories to audio accessories to my mice i use for the computers here at my home.
+1
I switched from regular Eneloops (white ones) to Eneloops pro (black ones) for use in camera accessories and for high-drain devices.
Regular Eneloops (white ones)
AA: Up to 2000mAh capacity
AAA: Up to 800mAh capacity

Eneloops Pro (black ones)
AA: Up to 2550mAh capacity
AAA: Up to 950mAh capacity

You guys are really hung up on the batteries eh

"Hung Up?" Batteries are one of the most central components in most of the electronics we all use and they can make the critical difference in how well these devices perform. In today's world, not even the highest quality lithium-ion or nickel metal hydrides are up to the standards and performance really required.

Next step is hybrid solar / battery pack for powering parking mode in dashcams Independently from vehicle battery... [emoji41] [emoji327]

Back