Battery Discharge Prevention kit

decebal12000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did not buy it when the Vico-Power Plus BDP were on the market and now I am looking for something similar. Could you recommend to me a good kit which does the same thing and as close as this one? I want to use it for the SG9665GC V2 on Skoda Octavia 2014.

Thank you

I did not buy it when the Vico-Power Plus BDP were on the market and now I am looking for something similar. Could you recommend to me a good kit which does the same thing and as close as this one? I want to use it for the SG9665GC V2 on Skoda Octavia 2014.

Thank you
I'm sure @jokiin, or @niko will be along shortly with recommendations for the SG camera.

I do have few Vico Power Plus in stock, however they are quite pricy.

Alternative could be Rhundo RS-21S

What exactly do you want to achieve?

I'm sure @jokiin, or @niko will be along shortly with recommendations for the SG camera.
Thank you. I will wait for their reply.

I do have few Vico Power Plus in stock, however they are quite pricy.

Alternative could be Rhundo RS-21S

What exactly do you want to achieve?
Thank you. I want to preserve the power in my battery and prevent it to discharge completely. I am using my camera in parking mode almost every day.

As I understand your Skoda Octavia 2014 cigarette lighter charger socket is always on, correct?

Yes but do you want the camera to record while parked ? otherwise it should turn off when you turn off the car.
Though some card so have a 12 V socket in the dash that is always on, in which case hardwiring to a ACC fuse will be needed or something like the Rhundo

If your dash socket are always on, with the provided power source, you just cut off the 12 V plug, and then wire into a ACC fuse instead, no hard wire kit needed then for regular record while driving operation.
As i recall the 9665GC dont have the option g´for parking guard, and it is not advised to use regular recording while parked.

So all you need is a correct type add a circuit adapter for the kind of fuses you have + a fuse for the camera ( 5 A )

61UW.jpg

Cut off the 12 V plug, splice the red +12 V wire to the add a fuse adapter, connect the black ground wire to a suitable ground point, and you should be good to go.

Thats the smart thing with SG power source with the 12 -> 5 V converter a bit up the wire, you can use it as a hard wire kit, just do not support parking guard in the newer cameras ( or your old model )
But for cable neatness / having the dash socket free for other stuff is is a nice and almost free option to have.

Thats the smart thing with SG power source with the 12 -> 5 V converter a bit up the wire, you can use it as a hard wire kit, just do not support parking guard in the newer cameras ( or your old model )
But for cable neatness / having the dash socket free for other stuff is is a nice and almost free option to have.
Thank you. I understand what you`re saying but I need a kit that will stop or turn off the camera if the battery`s level is low at a level at which I will be able to start the car.

If the camera are on a circuit that do go off when you turn off the car ( ACC ) then it will not drain the car it only do so now as your socket are always on, if you change to a ACC circuit / switched circuit, the camera will stop when you turn off the car.
So a hard wire kit with discharge protection, thats only really needed if you are going to use parking mode.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 5
B SG9665GC 13
Back